Unbelievable but true, most consumers in North Carolina have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. American consumers could save an average of about $850 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest Acura RLX insurance in Charlotte is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in North Carolina.
- Take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper RLX coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Best companies for Acura RLX insurance
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in North Carolina. To get the best car insurance in North Carolina, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Charlotte car insurance quote.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Charlotte car insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
For a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Charlotte, follow this link.
Acura RLX Insurance Rates Can Be More Affordable
Many factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower rates.
Shown below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Save by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Acura RLX scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Use one insurance company and save – The majority of insurers afford a discount to people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Your credit rating is a big factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Acura RLX if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores.
- Liability insurance risk factors – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Incidental coverages that aren’t used – There are a ton of additional coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- Auto insurance lapses raise prices – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Save by driving less – Driving more miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Improper usage on your RLX can result in significantly higher rates.
- Rural areas have lower costs – Being located in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Acura RLX claim statistics – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The table below shows the historical loss data for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Acura RLX Models Specific Acura Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When quoting and choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in North Carolina?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is definitely important in Charlotte.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Charlotte can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both provide car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Below are Charlotte independent insurance agencies that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
- Michael A Goodman Insurance Agency Inc
6401 Carmel Rd Ste 208 – Charlotte, NC 28226 – (704) 541-8660 – View Map
- A1 Insurance
537 W Sugar Creek Rd # 104B – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 598-4442 – View Map
- Lawing – Elvington Insurance Agency
6132 Brookshire Blvd b – Charlotte, NC 28216 – (704) 391-8483 – View Map
These agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Charlotte that are able to give price quotes.
- Juan Rubio – State Farm Insurance Agent
9401 Statesville Rd Ste E – Charlotte, NC 28269 – (704) 509-5854 – View Map
- Matt “Woody” Woodford – State Farm Insurance Agent
501 S Sharon Amity Rd #200 – Charlotte, NC 28211 – (704) 971-3030 – View Map
- Daniela Hernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
5811 Fairview Rd Ste 102 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 733-9022 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Smart consumers save more
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Acura RLX insurance in Charlotte. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)