Searching for low-cost insurance rates in Charlotte, NC? Charlotte buyers have options when searching for the lowest priced Cadillac ATS insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for a Cadillac and get the lowest price either online or from Charlotte insurance agents.
Best Cadillac ATS insurance rate quotes in North Carolina
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Charlotte, NC. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Charlotte, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have better auto insurance rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, defensive driving training, passive restraint, student away at school, good driver, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include teen driver, alternative fuel, homeowner, business and professional, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, emergency military deployment, air bags, and military active duty.
- American Family may have discounts that include Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, early bird, defensive driver, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide has savings for Farm Bureau membership, family plan, easy pay, anti-theft, business or organization, good student, and defensive driving.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere. To view insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Charlotte, click here.
Buy Cheaper Car Insurance with These Tips
Lots of things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
- Better prices with anti-theft devices – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- Women tend to be lower risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women get in fender benders in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Save money with good credit – Your credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Cadillac ATS by repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Do you really need the extra policy coverages? – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- More performance means higher rates – The performance of the car or truck you are insuring makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- When should you file policy claims? – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in North Carolina award better rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Cadillac ATS insurance claim data – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage. The next table shows the loss history for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to talk to an insurance agency
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Charlotte.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive and independent Charlotte auto insurance agents
When finding an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures from which to choose. Agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are Charlotte independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Timothy G Hausmann Agency
2313 Randolph Rd – Charlotte, NC 28207 – (704) 332-0011 – View Map
- Honeycutt Insurance Agency
3121 Springbank Ln F – Charlotte, NC 28226 – (704) 752-8233 – View Map
- Johnson Insurance Management, LLC
3220 Wilkinson Boulevard Ste A3 – Charlotte, NC 28208 – (704) 394-7327 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Charlotte who can help you get price quotes.
- Alex Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4108 Park Rd #106 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 525-9995 – View Map
- Daniela Hernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
5811 Fairview Rd Ste 102 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 733-9022 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Rose
6853 Fairview Rd c – Charlotte, NC 28210 – (704) 366-7779 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How long has their agency been open in Charlotte?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Charlotte?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
After you get reasonable responses to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
Compare but don’t skimp
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to find affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in Charlotte. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Charlotte auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Charlotte auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Cheaper car insurance in Charlotte can be purchased from both online companies and with local Charlotte insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to buying discount Cadillac ATS insurance in Charlotte
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Cadillac ATS insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Charlotte. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, try to learn a little about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a poor credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)