It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many drivers in North Carolina could save up to $100 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to go online and compare rates.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper Subaru Crosstrek insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Charlotte.
- Spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Women tend to cost less – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Females and males have at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Accidents can be expensive – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Getting just one citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get careless violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If your Subaru Crosstrek has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Do you save by driving less? – The higher the miles on your Subaru annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated Crosstrek may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance coverage correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Reserve insurance claims for larger damages – Auto insurance companies in North Carolina give most affordable rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher rates. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Discounts for married couples – Your spouse actually saves money when buying insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Raise deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage are how much the insured will be required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Higher premiums for stressful jobs – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as doctors, architects, and medical professionals have the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Other occupations like scientists, students and performers have lower than average premiums.
The cheapest Charlotte Subaru Crosstrek insurance price quotes online
Finding a better price on auto insurance is surprisingly easy. You just have to spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Charlotte, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Charlotte, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your Subaru Crosstrek and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Charlotte insurance discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are just wasting money.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a defensive driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Crosstrek insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Charlotte auto insurance quotes online.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Charlotte auto insurance with certain companies.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on insurance.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive reduced rates.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, multiple autos, anti-theft, student away at school, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife discounts include good student, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for accident prevention training, anti-theft, drive less, teen safe driver, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
When getting free Charlotte auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Charlotte.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this quick form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Charlotte should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
More effort can pay off
Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Charlotte can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, high prices or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
Much more information about auto insurance in North Carolina is located below:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)