Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most consumers in North Carolina kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Drivers in America could pocket $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
The easiest way to save money on Volvo XC60 insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Charlotte.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for instructions to help prevent high rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. Make sure you place your new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
An important note is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you’re already insured or just want to save money, use these techniques to get lower rates and still get good coverage. This article’s goal is to teach you how to get online quotes and how to save the most money. Consumers just have to learn the most efficient way to compare insurance rates instantly.
Quote Charlotte Volvo XC60 insurance online
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. To get the cheapest car insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The rate information below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Volvo XC60 models. Having a good grasp of how car insurance prices are calculated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$102||$200||$222||$14||$66||$604||$50|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$116||$200||$222||$14||$66||$618||$52|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$116||$236||$222||$14||$66||$654||$55|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$128||$236||$222||$14||$66||$666||$56|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Charlotte which can change premiums significantly.
Choosing Volvo vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo XC60 insurance, maintaining insurance is required in North Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volvo XC60, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Volvo gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your XC60 are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Take these five policy discounts and save on Volvo XC60 insurance in Charlotte
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Charlotte car insurance online.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount simply for signing digitally online.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for several vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Volvo XC60 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, defensive driving training, passive restraint, good student, safe vehicle, driver’s education, and multiple policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, driver training, seat belt use, good student, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- Allstate may offer discounts for passive restraint, early signing, premier discount, auto/life discount, good student, and resident student.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, drive less, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
Check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state.
Can’t I compare rates from local Charlotte car insurance agents?
Some consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Charlotte that give free quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Charlotte should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hail damage, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your XC60 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like dental work, ambulance fees and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many North Carolina drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25 in North Carolina), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Liability auto insurance
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like emergency aid, medical expenses, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. North Carolina requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Smart consumers save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
A few companies may not provide price quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Discount Volvo XC60 insurance can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
You just read a lot of techniques to reduce Volvo XC60 insurance auto insurance rates online in Charlotte. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)