The recommended way to get the cheapest Fiat 500 insurance in Charlotte is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in North Carolina.
- First, try to learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper 500 coverage is available in Charlotte. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who do rate comparisons are highly likely to switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved over $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Fiat 500 insurance is the reason for your visit, learning how to quote prices and compare coverages can save money and time.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers don’t always list all available discounts very well, so the list below details both the well known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up before your current 500 insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Charlotte auto insurance quote.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Auto insurance companies who might offer most of the discounts above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your state. To see a list of insurance companies with the best Fiat 500 insurance discounts in Charlotte, click this link.
Compare Charlotte Fiat 500 insurance quotes
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in North Carolina. To buy the best car insurance in Charlotte, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
When to talk to an agent
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Charlotte.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Charlotte auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two different types of car insurance agents
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents in Charlotte can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Charlotte who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Lawing – Elvington Insurance Agency
6132 Brookshire Blvd b – Charlotte, NC 28216 – (704) 391-8483 – View Map
- Charlotte Insurance
5113 Piper Station Dr #207 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 536-0995 – View Map
- Craig and Preston Insurance Agency
2210 Coronation Blvd Suite A – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 321-2900 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Charlotte that can give you price quotes.
- Kyle Fadeley – State Farm Insurance Agent
13551 Steelecroft Pkwy #120 – Charlotte, NC 28278 – (704) 588-5585 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Randolph
1001 W W.T. Harris Blvd m – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 549-1710 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bob White
601 S Kings Dr, Ste FF – Charlotte, NC 28204 – (704) 376-3479 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Charlotte should have no problem answering these questions:
- How long has the business existed?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Charlotte?
Do the work, save more money
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce Fiat 500 insurance rates online in Charlotte. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Charlotte auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests or denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.