Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop around for cheaper prices are likely to switch companies because the odds are good of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who compared prices once a year saved on average $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Buick Regal insurance in Charlotte is the reason you’re reading this, then learning about how to shop and compare coverages can make shopping around easier.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save money on car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who sell auto insurance in Charlotte. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic violations, accidents, and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to cut your premiums using the techniques covered below. Locating the best insurance company for you in Charlotte is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, North Carolina vehicle owners must learn the methods companies use to set your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
Save money with these discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current Regal insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow companies to look at vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driving class can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Paper-free Discount – A few auto insurance companies will give a small break get Charlotte auto insurance online.
- Student in College – Youth drivers living away from Charlotte attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some of the larger companies that may offer these benefits include:
When quoting, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Charlotte.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates for Buick Regal insurance in Charlotte takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like coverage limits, your credit rating estimate, if you went to college, and daily mileage. That information gets transmitted to all major companies and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Buick Regal now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Charlotte, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Charlotte
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the elements that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages – There are quite a few extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- Driving citations hurt – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get flagrant tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Credit rating impact insurance rates – Credit history is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick Regal by improving your rating.
- Keep the miles off and save – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated Regal is just wasting money. Make sure your insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Buick Regal historical loss data – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Buick Regal Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but still have a local Charlotte insurance agency
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Charlotte.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Charlotte that can give you free Charlotte auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When searching for a local Charlotte insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Charlotte can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
The following is a list of independent agents in Charlotte that can give you price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Ed Cantey Insurance Agency Inc
5534 Albemarle Rd Ste 105 – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (704) 563-7777 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte willing to provide price quotes.
Choosing an insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long has the business existed?
- Where are claims handled?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is coverage determined by price?
If you receive reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as affordable Buick Regal insurance rates in Charlotte quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
Why you need Buick Regal insurance in North Carolina
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Regal insurance, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Regal, most lenders will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards your Buick and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $855 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to compare Buick Regal insurance rates in Charlotte. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the best rates are with an unexpected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Discount Buick Regal insurance in Charlotte can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Charlotte auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)