Want to save money and find more competitive Chevy City Express insurance in Charlotte? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Chevy City Express in North Carolina can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks and make it easy. There is a better way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Chevy and locate the lowest possible price from Charlotte insurance agents and online providers.
It’s smart to check insurance prices yearly because insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best price on Chevy City Express insurance in Charlotte on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Best Chevy City Express insurance rates in North Carolina
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find the best cheap auto insurance in Charlotte, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The table displayed below highlights different rate quotes for Chevy City Express models. Learning as much as possible about how car insurance premiums are calculated can benefit drivers when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$136||$214||$250||$14||$74||$688||$57|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$136||$262||$250||$14||$74||$736||$61|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$156||$262||$250||$14||$74||$756||$63|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$156||$262||$250||$14||$74||$756||$63|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$156||$262||$250||$14||$74||$756||$63|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$156||$262||$250||$14||$74||$756||$63|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$156||$262||$250||$14||$74||$756||$63|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$156||$262||$250||$14||$74||$756||$63|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$156||$262||$250||$14||$74||$756||$63|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$156||$308||$250||$14||$74||$802||$67|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$156||$308||$250||$14||$74||$802||$67|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$156||$308||$250||$14||$74||$802||$67|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$156||$308||$250||$14||$74||$802||$67|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$176||$308||$250||$14||$74||$822||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter premium rates greatly.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Chevy City Express yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Age-based car insurance rates by gender in Charlotte
The chart below compares Chevy City Express insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in North Carolina. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy City Express replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Chevy City Express Insurance Premium Factors
Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Save miles driven and save money – The higher the miles on your Chevy annually the higher your rate. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your City Express is throwing money out the window. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy reflects the correct driver usage.
Lower insurance rates with alarm systems – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
More traffic equals higher costs – Living in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. City drivers have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Going without insurance is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums are usually for low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart uses these variables: married male driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Chevrolet City Express car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performances.
Stress out and pay more – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs like military personnel, business owners, and financial analysts usually pay the highest average rates due to intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as scientists, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
Take advantage of these discounts on Chevy City Express insurance in Charlotte
Some companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Charlotte auto insurance online.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on your computer.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Charlotte auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current City Express insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Charlotte auto insurance online.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- American Family may include discounts for early bird, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good driver, and air bags.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, good driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, annual mileage, multi-car, type of vehicle, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including pay in full, youthful driver, mature driver, bundle discounts, early shopping, teen driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered in Charlotte. To find insurers who offer cheap Chevy City Express insurance quotes in Charlotte, click here.
Local Charlotte insurance agencies
Some people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Charlotte that can provide free Charlotte auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Charlotte?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How long have they been in business?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Charlotte for you
If you are searching for a reliable agent, there are two different types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Charlotte are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Charlotte that can give you rate quotes.
- Alex Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4108 Park Rd #106 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 525-9995 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Rose
6853 Fairview Rd c – Charlotte, NC 28210 – (704) 366-7779 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Randolph
1001 W W.T. Harris Blvd m – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 549-1710 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, we recommend you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent agents in Charlotte who can help you get price quote information.
- Swimmer Insurance Agency
725 Providence Rd #100 – Charlotte, NC 28207 – (704) 333-6694 – View Map
- A1 Insurance
537 W Sugar Creek Rd # 104B – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 598-4442 – View Map
- Craig and Preston Insurance Agency
2210 Coronation Blvd Suite A – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 321-2900 – View Map
Insurance agents can help
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- How much liability coverage do I need in North Carolina?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Be persistent and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies. Affordable Chevy City Express insurance in Charlotte can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just showed you a lot of information how to compare Chevy City Express insurance prices in Charlotte. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Chevy City Express insurance in Charlotte
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Charlotte is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many things that increase rates like at-fault accidents and poor credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)