If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies that sell auto insurance in Charlotte. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Tahoe insurance. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s hard to fathom, but almost 70% of insureds in North Carolina kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. American drivers could save about $850 every year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Companies offering Chevy Tahoe insurance in Charlotte
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in North Carolina. To locate cheap car insurance in Charlotte, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Chevy Tahoe coverage statistics
The data table displayed next outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Chevy Tahoe models. Learning how insurance premiums are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$166||$334||$282||$16||$84||$882||$74|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$186||$334||$282||$16||$84||$902||$75|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$186||$334||$282||$16||$84||$902||$75|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$186||$334||$282||$16||$84||$902||$75|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$186||$394||$282||$16||$84||$962||$80|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$186||$394||$282||$16||$84||$962||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify coverage prices significantly.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Chevy Tahoe annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender-based insurance rates
The chart below compares Chevy Tahoe insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Tahoe full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Tahoe insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the North Carolina minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set rule of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Tahoe settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $200 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Cheaper Chevy Tahoe insurance in Charlotte
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to track where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Charlotte can earn you a little savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Charlotte auto insurance quote when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Tahoe insurance.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The chart below shows the difference between Chevy Tahoe insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, multiple policy, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, new move discount, newly married, good student, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, early bird, bundled insurance, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include distant student, youthful driver, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, good student, multi-policy, group or association, paperless, and company car.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, drive less, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Charlotte. If you would like to see a list of providers with the best discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
You may need help from an agent
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Charlotte who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Charlotte?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Charlotte?
- How are claims handled?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Charlotte for you
If you want to use a local Charlotte insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Charlotte agents may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s important to know why they differ since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Charlotte that can give you comparison quotes.
- Kyle Fadeley – State Farm Insurance Agent
13551 Steelecroft Pkwy #120 – Charlotte, NC 28278 – (704) 588-5585 – View Map
- Brian McCaw – State Farm Insurance Agent
5950 Fairview Rd #220 – Charlotte, NC 28210 – (704) 554-0144 – View Map
- Joe Pomykacz – State Farm Insurance Agent
2730 E W.T. Harris Blvd #202 – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 535-3700 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Charlotte willing to provide price quotes.
- Charlotte Insurance
5113 Piper Station Dr #207 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 536-0995 – View Map
- Mark McDuffie Insurance Agency
6101 Carnegie Blvd #415 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 364-9227 – View Map
- Swimmer Insurance Agency
725 Providence Rd #100 – Charlotte, NC 28207 – (704) 333-6694 – View Map
Be persistent and save
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, denial of a claim, policy cancellation or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to find cheaper Chevy Tahoe insurance in Charlotte. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from the least-expected company.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Nurses in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Charlotte Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much are Charlotte Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)