Unthinkable but true, most auto insurance policyholders have been with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Charlotte can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Charlotte is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in North Carolina.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Which Dodge Durango insurance is cheapest in Charlotte, North Carolina?
To get the cheapest Dodge Durango rate quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in North Carolina. The best way to find affordable insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes. Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating the best rates.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Charlotte, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Charlotte car insurance quote.
- Club Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Charlotte car insurance quote.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Charlotte car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable data collection to look at driving habits by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- Travelers may have discounts that include driver training, multi-car, good student, home ownership, and continuous insurance.
- Nationwide may include discounts for business or organization, multi-policy, easy pay, family plan, anti-theft, accident-free, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, switch companies, mature driver, alternative fuel, good student, early shopping, and distant student.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for Switch & Save, online quote, good student, online shopper, and renters.
- State Farm discounts include good student, driver’s education, good driver, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, ease of repair, multi-policy, age of vehicle, and multi-car.
When getting free Charlotte car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not be offered in your area. To view car insurance companies with the best discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Charlotte, buying auto insurance is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
When to talk to an agent
Certain consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Charlotte that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Charlotte?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When searching for an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Charlotte may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte that can give you rate quotes.
- Darrick Embry – State Farm Insurance Agent
8124 S Tryon St, Ste A3 – Charlotte, NC 28273 – (704) 583-8393 – View Map
- Alex Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4108 Park Rd #106 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 525-9995 – View Map
- Kyle Fadeley – State Farm Insurance Agent
13551 Steelecroft Pkwy #120 – Charlotte, NC 28278 – (704) 588-5585 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to check rates from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are Charlotte independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- The Tillman Agency – Nationwide Insurance
8440 Rea Rd STE P – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 960-1860 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Timothy G Hausmann Agency
2313 Randolph Rd – Charlotte, NC 28207 – (704) 332-0011 – View Map
- Charlotte Insurance
5113 Piper Station Dr #207 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 536-0995 – View Map