A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in North Carolina being $980, drivers could pocket almost 10% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The most effective way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Charlotte is to start comparing prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in North Carolina.
- Step 1: Learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
The goal of this article is to instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and also save some money in the process If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Smart buyers just have to know the most efficient way to shop instantly.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. To buy cheap car insurance in Charlotte, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Cheap Honda Clarity insurance rates in Charlotte
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- E-sign Discounts – Many auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the internet.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a slight reduction on a Charlotte auto insurance quote.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, renewal discount, 55 and retired, driver training, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, and pay-in-full.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, good student, accident-free, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, driver training, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple autos, good student, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
If you are trying to find cheaper Charlotte auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Charlotte. To locate companies that offer multiple discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Charlotte.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Charlotte that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Shown below are Charlotte insurance companies who can help you get price quote information for Honda Clarity insurance in Charlotte.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Charlotte should have no problem answering these questions:
- How are they compensated?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Once you have reasonable responses and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an provider that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Is a driver training discount available?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Car insurance policy coverages for a Honda Clarity
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like medical services, medical expenses, bail bonds, loss of income and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. North Carolina state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a broken windshield, hitting a bird, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for dental work, nursing services and ambulance fees. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Clarity resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Clarity to get cheaper collision coverage.
Affordable insurance is out there
Lower-priced insurance in Charlotte can be found online and from local insurance agents, so get free Charlotte auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional learning opportunities
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How Much are Charlotte Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High School Students in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)