It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who compare rates annually will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A survey found that people who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $70 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best rates on insurance is why you’re reading this, then learning about how to shop for insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The best way to save money on Porsche 911 insurance in Charlotte is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in North Carolina.
- Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and a poor credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on 911 insurance in Charlotte. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you’re already insured or just want to save money, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates while maximizing coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Charlotte is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Shoppers just have to know the most effective way to find the lowest price over the internet.
Most major insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Comparing prices online for Porsche 911 insurance in Charlotte is quite simple as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system gets your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. Using the web to get price quotes for Porsche 911 insurance in Charlotte simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find cheaper rates.
In order to compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in North Carolina. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Charlotte, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
The rate table displayed below showcases different insurance prices for Porsche 911 models. Knowing how premiums are determined is important for you to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$360||$900||$336||$20||$100||$1,716||$143|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$390||$900||$336||$20||$100||$1,746||$146|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$390||$900||$286||$16||$86||$1,678||$140|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$390||$900||$336||$20||$100||$1,746||$146|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$390||$900||$286||$16||$86||$1,678||$140|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$390||$984||$336||$20||$100||$1,830||$153|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$390||$984||$336||$20||$100||$1,830||$153|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$390||$984||$286||$16||$86||$1,762||$147|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$422||$900||$286||$16||$86||$1,710||$143|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$422||$984||$336||$20||$100||$1,862||$155|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$422||$1070||$336||$20||$100||$1,948||$162|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$482||$1154||$336||$20||$100||$2,092||$174|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$482||$1154||$336||$20||$100||$2,092||$174|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$482||$1240||$286||$16||$86||$2,110||$176|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change coverage prices noticeably.
Six factors that influence insurance costs
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand the different types of things that aid in calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- More miles driven equals more premium – The higher the miles on your Porsche in a year the higher your rate. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your 911 is throwing money out the window. Make sure your insurance coverage properly reflects the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance will protect you if you are found liable for an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Lots of insurance companies apply lower prices to buyers that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Credit history impacts premium rates – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your Porsche 911 by improving your rating. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with worse credit.
- Coverage lapses raise rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the North Carolina motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Where you reside – Residing in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when talking about insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Less people translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Porsche 911 claim data – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help calculate premium costs. Models that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Porsche 911 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Porsche 911 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr 191 47 173 24 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible 197 51 224 36 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD 349 367BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Charlotte, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Porsche for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Porsche. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Porsche gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.