It’s shocking but the majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $976, North Carolina drivers could save approximately $100 a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they just switched companies.
The recommended way to get more affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Charlotte is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in North Carolina.
First, try to comprehend coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Charlotte. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Choosing the best rates in Charlotte can be made easier if you know where to look. If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to save money using the ideas presented in this article. Smart buyers just need to use the quickest method to get comparison quotes online.
Low cost Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance prices in Charlotte, North Carolina
Finding a better price on car insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. Consumers just need to take a few minutes comparing free Charlotte car insurance quotes from some recommended companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to go to each insurance agency near you. Comparing online rate quotes makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the extra assistance of a local agency. It is possible to get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Charlotte, NC. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Charlotte, NC, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Charlotte
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked about before being credited.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Charlotte.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Distant Student – Kids living away from Charlotte attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, driver’s education, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- Esurance discounts include online quote, good student, multi-car, renters, emergency road assistance, claim free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, newly retired, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, mature driver, air bags, safe driver, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, federal employee, five-year accident-free, good student, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders in every state. To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.