Really, the only way to find lower priced Chevy SS insurance in Charlotte is to compare quotes annually from providers in North Carolina. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price like speeding and a bad credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for instructions to prevent high prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on SS insurance. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Be sure to put the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around will probably switch auto insurance companies because of the high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved about $865 annually compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Charlotte is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
If you’re already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Finding and comparing the cheapest auto insurance in Charlotte is easy if you know what you’re doing. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the proper methods to shop for auto insurance over the internet.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Chevy SS insurance in Charlotte is to understand car insurance companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is provide details such as any included safety features, level of coverage desired, whether you are single or married, and an estimate of your credit level. That rating information is instantly provided to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Charlotte.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in Charlotte, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Chevy SS insurance quotes in Charlotte
Some insurance providers don’t always list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Charlotte auto insurance online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for substantially lower rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Student in College – Any of your kids living away from Charlotte attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on SS insurance in Charlotte.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can get a discount up to 10%.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
To choose insurers who offer online Chevy SS insurance quotes in Charlotte, click this link.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower rates.
Car insurance lapses raise premiums – Not having insurance is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Better drivers pay less – Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one ticket can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who get multiple violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Marriage reduces risk – Getting married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Responsible credit equals lower prices – A driver’s credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score can be improved, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet SS if you improve your credit rating.
Car and home together may be cheaper – Most larger insurers provide discounts to buyers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
Chevy SS claim data – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is available from agents near you
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Charlotte who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Charlotte car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agents in Charlotte can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte willing to provide price quotes.
- AAA Carolinas
6600 A A A Dr – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (704) 569-3600 – View Map
- David Stroman – State Farm Insurance Agent
210 East Trade Street, C-340 – Charlotte, NC 28202 – (704) 332-1970 – View Map
- George Pettice – State Farm Insurance Agent
820 Tyvola Rd #103 – Charlotte, NC 28217 – (704) 523-1717 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Below are Charlotte independent agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Johnson Insurance Management, LLC
3220 Wilkinson Boulevard Ste A3 – Charlotte, NC 28208 – (704) 394-7327 – View Map
- Craig and Preston Insurance Agency
2210 Coronation Blvd Suite A – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 321-2900 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Michael Bare Agency
2300 Sardis Rd N a – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 248-8000 – View Map
Upon getting positive responses to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is professional and can provide insurance coverage. Just remember consumers can cancel your policy whenever you wish so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to a policy for the entire policy term.
Auto insurance can be complex
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
One last note
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Chevy SS insurance premium rates in Charlotte. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet SS rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Charlotte Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)