Would you like to save money by finding more affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Charlotte? Having to pay for overpriced Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Charlotte can diminish your accounts and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Comparing cost estimates is a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate will presumably switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding discount prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates annually saved an average of $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance is your ultimate target, knowing how to quote and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
Many insurers compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to discover the definitive lowest rate on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Charlotte.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally because rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best rate on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Charlotte six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
Cheapest Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance quotes in Charlotte, NC
Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding lower pricing. Not every company provides online rate quotes, so it’s important to compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in North Carolina. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in North Carolina, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chrysler in Charlotte, insurance is required by state law in North Carolina and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Chrysler at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance statistics and information
The rate table displayed below outlines different insurance policy prices for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance policy rates are figured can help you make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$134||$248||$256||$16||$76||$730||$61|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$134||$248||$256||$16||$76||$730||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in Charlotte location which can impact insurance rates considerably.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in North Carolina. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set guideline to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chrysler PT Cruiser settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $800 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Lower rate quotes on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Charlotte with these car insurance discounts
Some providers don’t list every discount available very clearly, so we break down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Charlotte auto insurance quote as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current PT Cruiser insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Telematics Discount – Charlotte drivers who agree to allow their company to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive simply for signing digitally online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below shows the difference between Chrysler PT Cruiser auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, federal employee, driver training, membership and employees, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Travelers includes discounts for driver training, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, and early quote.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good student, and good driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in every state.
Insurance agents near you
Certain consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is especially important in Charlotte.
After completing this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Charlotte who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
The following is a short list of insurance companies in Charlotte that may be able to provide rate quotes for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Charlotte.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just the price. A good agent in Charlotte will have answers to these questions.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Charlotte?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you have narrowed it down to an insurance company that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you can cancel coverage for any reason so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific company for the entire policy term.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing your policy, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Lower-priced car insurance in Charlotte can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Charlotte auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies sell through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to finding better rates for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Charlotte
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Charlotte is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in North Carolina.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Charlotte. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important note is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Charlotte Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)