It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved about $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the best rates on Audi Q7 insurance in Charlotte is your objective, knowing how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can make the process less intimidating.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost Audi Q7 insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who sell auto insurance in Charlotte.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Charlotte. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One tip to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can use this information to buy cheaper insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Charlotte can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Comparison shoppers just have to use the most efficient way to get comparison rates online.
Low cost Charlotte Audi Q7 insurance
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage prices on their websites. Getting online rates for Audi Q7 insurance in Charlotte doesn’t take a lot of time because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the quote system requests your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on these and other factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to get many rate quotes in order to find cheaper prices.
In order to find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you are getting comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in North Carolina. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Audi Q7 insurance charts and tables
The coverage table below covers a range of insurance premium costs for Audi Q7 models. Learning a little about how insurance quotes are formulated is important to be able to make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q7 3.6 Quattro||$256||$514||$262||$16||$78||$1,126||$94|
|Q7 3.6 Premium||$256||$514||$262||$16||$78||$1,126||$94|
|Q7 3.0 Premium Turbo||$256||$514||$262||$16||$78||$1,126||$94|
|Q7 3.6 Quattro Turbo Diesel||$256||$514||$262||$16||$78||$1,126||$94|
|Q7 3.6 Premium Plus||$256||$514||$262||$16||$78||$1,126||$94|
|Q7 3.6 Prestige S-Line||$256||$582||$262||$16||$78||$1,194||$100|
|Q7 3.6 Prestige||$256||$582||$262||$16||$78||$1,194||$100|
|Q7 3.6 Premium Plus SLINE||$256||$582||$262||$16||$78||$1,194||$100|
|Q7 3.0 Premium Plus S-Line Turbo||$256||$582||$262||$16||$78||$1,194||$100|
|Q7 3.0 Premium Plus Turbo||$256||$582||$262||$16||$78||$1,194||$100|
|Q7 3.0 Prestige S-Line Turbo||$280||$582||$262||$16||$78||$1,218||$102|
|Q7 3.0 Prestige||$280||$582||$262||$16||$78||$1,218||$102|
|Q7 4.2 Prestige Turbo||$280||$582||$262||$16||$78||$1,218||$102|
|Q7 4.2 Prestige S-Line 8Cyl||$280||$582||$262||$16||$78||$1,218||$102|
|Q7 4.2 Quattro||$280||$582||$262||$16||$78||$1,218||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower premiums noticeably.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
When comparing auto insurance rates, the most common question is which deductible level should you buy. The data tables below lay out the cost difference when you buy lower versus higher physical damage deductibles. The first price estimate table uses a $100 physical damage deductible and the second set of prices uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q7 3.6 Quattro||$298||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,185||$99|
|Q7 3.6 Premium||$298||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,185||$99|
|Q7 3.0 Premium Turbo||$298||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,185||$99|
|Q7 3.6 Quattro Turbo Diesel||$298||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,185||$99|
|Q7 3.6 Premium Plus||$298||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,185||$99|
|Q7 3.6 Prestige S-Line||$298||$594||$250||$14||$74||$1,255||$105|
|Q7 3.6 Prestige||$298||$594||$250||$14||$74||$1,255||$105|
|Q7 3.6 Premium Plus SLINE||$298||$594||$250||$14||$74||$1,255||$105|
|Q7 3.0 Premium Plus S-Line Turbo||$298||$594||$250||$14||$74||$1,255||$105|
|Q7 3.0 Premium Plus Turbo||$298||$594||$250||$14||$74||$1,255||$105|
|Q7 3.0 Prestige S-Line Turbo||$324||$594||$250||$14||$74||$1,281||$107|
|Q7 3.0 Prestige||$324||$594||$250||$14||$74||$1,281||$107|
|Q7 4.2 Prestige Turbo||$324||$594||$250||$14||$74||$1,281||$107|
|Q7 4.2 Prestige S-Line 8Cyl||$324||$594||$250||$14||$74||$1,281||$107|
|Q7 4.2 Quattro||$324||$594||$250||$14||$74||$1,281||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q7 3.6 Quattro||$216||$354||$250||$14||$74||$908||$76|
|Q7 3.6 Premium||$216||$354||$250||$14||$74||$908||$76|
|Q7 3.0 Premium Turbo||$216||$354||$250||$14||$74||$908||$76|
|Q7 3.6 Quattro Turbo Diesel||$216||$354||$250||$14||$74||$908||$76|
|Q7 3.6 Premium Plus||$216||$354||$250||$14||$74||$908||$76|
|Q7 3.6 Prestige S-Line||$216||$402||$250||$14||$74||$956||$80|
|Q7 3.6 Prestige||$216||$402||$250||$14||$74||$956||$80|
|Q7 3.6 Premium Plus SLINE||$216||$402||$250||$14||$74||$956||$80|
|Q7 3.0 Premium Plus S-Line Turbo||$216||$402||$250||$14||$74||$956||$80|
|Q7 3.0 Premium Plus Turbo||$216||$402||$250||$14||$74||$956||$80|
|Q7 3.0 Prestige S-Line Turbo||$236||$402||$250||$14||$74||$976||$81|
|Q7 3.0 Prestige||$236||$402||$250||$14||$74||$976||$81|
|Q7 4.2 Prestige Turbo||$236||$402||$250||$14||$74||$976||$81|
|Q7 4.2 Prestige S-Line 8Cyl||$236||$402||$250||$14||$74||$976||$81|
|Q7 4.2 Quattro||$236||$402||$250||$14||$74||$976||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise premium rates considerably.
Based on the figures above, using a $100 deductible would cost the average driver about $25 more each month or $300 each year than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $400 more to settle a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to go at least 16 months between claims, you would more than likely save some money if you elect the higher deductible.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Audi Q7 insurance costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The diagram below shows the comparison of Audi Q7 annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in North Carolina. The prices are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Audi Q7 replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Buying the right Audi vehicle insurance in North Carolina is an important decision
Despite the high cost, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Audi, most banks will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in North Carolina overpays more than $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Audi Q7 Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find cheaper rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Cheaper to insure women? – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean females are better drivers. Both genders tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Audi Q7 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Commute or pleasure use – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Q7 is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
How much liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage when a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Don’t get traffic citations – Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Getting just one citation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to continue driving.
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can raise Audi Q7 premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
A policy lapse is a bad thing – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Insurance loss statistics an Audi Q7 – Insurers use statistical claims data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Audi Q7 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi Q7 4dr 4WD||162||96||164||53||54||76|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take advantage of these rate reducing discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select car insurance companies reward you with lower car insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save you money because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Audi Q7 insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, anti-theft, air bags, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, good student, multiple policy, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance has savings for DriveSense, Pac-12 alumni, claim free, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, and bundle.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Charlotte. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer discounts in Charlotte, follow this link.
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Many drivers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Charlotte.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy insurance from a good Charlotte insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Charlotte can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can handle insurance, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Charlotte that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Ed Cantey Insurance Agency Inc
5534 Albemarle Rd Ste 105 – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (704) 563-7777 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Charlotte exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Charlotte?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Upon receiving positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as cheap Q7 insurance quotes, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that it’s your policy and you can cancel your coverage whenever you want so don’t feel you are locked into a specific agent indefinitely.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Audi Q7 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Charlotte car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When you buy Charlotte car insurance online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Charlotte Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)