Are you kicking yourself for buying an under-performing, overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because you’re not the only one.
It’s amazing but a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in North Carolina could save an average of about $90 each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t want to do a rate comparison. Many auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to get the lowest cost out there.
You should take the time to compare rates occasionally because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Charlotte a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper rates, use these tips to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Choosing the best rates in Charlotte is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the fastest way to shop their coverage around online.
Companies offering Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in North Carolina
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Charlotte, NC. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Charlotte, NC, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheap rates on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Charlotte with these six discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Honda can qualify you for slightly better prices than normal.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because it shows financial diligence.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Accord Hybrid can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for buying a new policy early. It can save you around 10%.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will definitely reduce your overall bill.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, safe driver, teen safety rewards, drive less, and bundle discounts.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, good driver, air bags, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, good driver, claim-free
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, good student, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for anti-theft, bundle, good student, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
If you need low cost Charlotte car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Charlotte. To locate companies with discount rates in North Carolina, click this link.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Compare prices but buy from a local Charlotte insurance agent
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Charlotte.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Charlotte who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents in Charlotte can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Charlotte that can possibly get you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Charlotte that can give you comparison quotes.
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How long has the business existed?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 30/60/25 that means you have a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. North Carolina state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be enough.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Honda Accord Hybrid.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as hospital visits, EMT expenses, ambulance fees, nursing services and dental work. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Accord Hybrid to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hail damage, fire damage, theft, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim or even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When getting Charlotte car insurance quotes online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Cost effective Honda Accord Hybrid insurance is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Charlotte car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
Steps to finding lower priced Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Charlotte
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Charlotte is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in North Carolina. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Accord Hybrid coverage is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Once received, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)