A study showed that most drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Charlotte could save themselves about 10% a year, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates and save money.
Really, the only way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Charlotte is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in North Carolina.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Find a Charlotte insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Get cheaper rates by getting discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select companies reward you with a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Charlotte drivers who agree to allow their company to track vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags may get savings of up to 25% or more.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, federal employee, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and emergency military deployment.
- USAA has savings for multi-policy, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, military installation, and driver training.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Esurance discounts include online quote, good driver, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, and paid-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, good student, youthful driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, accident-free, passive restraint, driver’s education, and good driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to view insurers who offer discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
All the larger insurance companies provide prices on their websites. Comparing Honda S2000 insurance rates online is quite easy as you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. Once entered, the system gets your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on the information you submitted.
The ability to get online price quotes for Honda S2000 insurance in Charlotte makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to get the lowest possible payments on insurance.
To save time and find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will get comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Charlotte, NC. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower premium levels.
Men pay more for car insurance – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Buying a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Small coverages can add up – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Too many auto insurance claims drive up prices – If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in North Carolina provide cheaper rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Coverage lapses raise premiums – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the North Carolina department of motor vehicles.
Buying auto insurance from Charlotte auto insurance agents
Many people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Charlotte.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Charlotte auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Charlotte agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Charlotte that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- All Points Insurance Agencies
5618 Albemarle Rd # 200 – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (980) 221-9468 – View Map
- Mark McDuffie Insurance Agency
6101 Carnegie Blvd #415 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 364-9227 – View Map
- Johnson Insurance Management, LLC
3220 Wilkinson Boulevard Ste A3 – Charlotte, NC 28208 – (704) 394-7327 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte that can give you price quotes.
- Jeff Genant – State Farm Insurance Agent
15105 John J Delaney Dr – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 594-3000 – View Map
- Daniela Hernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
5811 Fairview Rd Ste 102 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 733-9022 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Randolph
1001 W W.T. Harris Blvd m – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 549-1710 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Charlotte?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Charlotte, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your Honda S2000 and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower rates by being persistent
Budget-friendly car insurance in Charlotte can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal and poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies is less work than it seems.
You just learned many tips how you can compare Honda S2000 insurance premium rates in Charlotte. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Much more information about car insurance in North Carolina is available below:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)