The preferred way to get low-cost Lincoln MKC insurance in Charlotte is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in North Carolina.
- First, spend some time learning about how your policy works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for more ideas to help find cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good tip to remember is that you use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will probably switch companies because of the good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that people who shopped around saved an average of $850 each year compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving money on Lincoln MKC insurance is your ultimate target, learning how to find companies and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Comparing quotes for the cheapest coverage in Charlotte is not as hard as you may think. If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, you can use this information to save money without reducing coverage. Consumers just need to learn the best way to shop for insurance online.
Low Cost companies for Lincoln MKC insurance
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Charlotte, NC. To get the best car insurance in NC, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
How Insurance Companies Determine Lincoln MKC Insurance Prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Gender impacts costs – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Women and men are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Incidental coverages are wasting money – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Lincoln MKC by improving your credit score.
Liability coverage – Liability insurance will protect you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Uninterrupted coverage saves money – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a quick way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department.
Save money by raising physical damage deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be.
Multiple policies with one company – Most car insurance companies allow lower prices to buyers that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to compare other Charlotte MKC insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Insurance loss data for a Lincoln MKC – Insurance companies use past insurance losses when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Lincoln MKC vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD||97||76||69|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD||99||68||72||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Earn discounts on Charlotte auto insurance
Some providers don’t always advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Charlotte car insurance online.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared to bad drivers.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on MKC insurance in Charlotte.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
For a list of insurance companies who offer online Lincoln MKC insurance quotes in Charlotte, click here.
Insurance agencies are professional risk managers
Many drivers still like to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Charlotte.
After filling out this quick form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you should always contact a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Charlotte that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Patriot Insurance Agencies
9620 Monroe Rd – Charlotte, NC 28270 – (704) 644-3058 – View Map
- Michael A Goodman Insurance Agency Inc
6401 Carmel Rd Ste 208 – Charlotte, NC 28226 – (704) 541-8660 – View Map
- Southeast Insurance Agency
212 S Tryon St #1605 – Charlotte, NC 28281 – (704) 885-8006 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents are trained well on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Charlotte that are able to give price quotes.
- Michael Pritchard – State Farm Insurance Agent
8633 Monroe Rd d – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (704) 535-2292 – View Map
- Darrick Embry – State Farm Insurance Agent
8124 S Tryon St, Ste A3 – Charlotte, NC 28273 – (704) 583-8393 – View Map
- Denis Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1850 E 3rd St #360 – Charlotte, NC 28204 – (704) 376-4088 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Charlotte?
Which is the best auto insurance?
When quoting and choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my Lincoln MKC?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Quote. Compare. Save.
You just learned a lot of tips how to find cheap Lincoln MKC insurance in Charlotte. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Charlotte car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with an unexpected company.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Charlotte is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Charlotte insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Nurses in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Charlotte Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Retired Military in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Charlotte Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)