If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost Mercury Sable insurance in Charlotte is to regularly compare prices from insurers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. Start a quote
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who shop around once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent study showed that drivers who regularly compared rates saved about $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Mercury Sable insurance is your objective, then knowing the best way to quote and compare car insurance can save money and time.
All major auto insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give pricing directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Mercury Sable insurance in Charlotte is pretty easy as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into the form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote. Using the web to get price quotes for Mercury Sable insurance in Charlotte makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you want to get the lowest payment.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in North Carolina. To find cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect your Mercury vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mercury Sable, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Mercury for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in North Carolina overpays more than $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Save a ton by taking advantage of these six discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about before being credited.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Sable can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Charlotte, click here.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
When to contact an insurance agent
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Charlotte.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When researching a local Charlotte insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Charlotte are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below are Charlotte independent agents that can possibly get you pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Charlotte willing to provide price quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Sable resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Sable to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like pain and suffering, medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford. North Carolina requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, surgery and dental work. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like theft, fire damage, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Mercury Sable.
Due to the fact that many North Carolina drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Shop around and save
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Mercury Sable insurance in Charlotte. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from an unexpected company.
Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents. Discount Mercury Sable insurance is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
As you quote Charlotte car insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Charlotte Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)