It’s hard to fathom, but a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Consumers in Charlotte could save $100 every year by just shopping around, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
If you want to save money, the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Charlotte is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in North Carolina. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Charlotte auto insurance online.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a driver safety class could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will bring down your policy cost.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, seat belt use, air bags, membership and employees, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include ease of repair, professional/association, age of vehicle, good student, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, alternative fuel, business and professional, pay in full, early shopping, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including multi-policy, group or association, anti-theft, teen driver, safe driver, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, exclusive group savings, new graduate, teen driver discount, safety features, and hybrid vehicle.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, bundle discounts, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- USAA has discounts for vehicle storage, new vehicle, driver training, military installation, defensive driver, and annual mileage.
If you need lower rates, check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere. To locate insurers that offer many of these discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
When shopping for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Charlotte there are multiple ways of comparing rates from many different North Carolina insurance companies. The best way to do a complete rate comparison is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to physically go to each insurance agency near you. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you’re the type of person who wants the personal advice only provided by licensed Charlotte agents. Although, it is possible comparison shop online and still use a local agent. When quoting insurance, remember that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give Charlotte Solstice insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Get Pontiac Solstice Insurance More Affordably
Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Marriage is a factor – Being married may cut your premiums on auto insurance. It translates into being more stable financially it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Premiums drop with age – More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Deter vehicle theft – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The more miles you rack up on your Pontiac each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Solstice can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is definitely important in Charlotte.
After completing this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Charlotte who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Charlotte?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Charlotte, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in North Carolina overpays as much as $820 a year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheap insurance rates are out there
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered some good ideas how to save on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Charlotte. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Charlotte auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Charlotte Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)