It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Pontiac GTO insurance in Charlotte is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in North Carolina. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives additional tips to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Amazingly, over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared insurance rates at all. American insurance shoppers can cut their rates by approximately 46.5% a year, but they won’t spend time to compare rates and save money.
Companies offering Pontiac GTO insurance in North Carolina
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in North Carolina. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Charlotte, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring all your vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up early. The savings is around 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Car insurance companies that have most of these discounts include:
Double check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Charlotte. To locate auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Charlotte, click here.
Components of Your Pontiac GTO Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Cars with good safety ratings are cheaper to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
- Performance impacts insurance premiums – The type of car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- More miles driven equals more premium – The higher the miles on your Pontiac in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage properly reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your GTO can cost quite a bit.
- Liability coverage limits are a factor – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teenage drivers in North Carolina have been known to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- File insurance claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in North Carolina award discounts to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
When to talk to an agent
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is definitely important in Charlotte.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Charlotte car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Charlotte are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you include several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Charlotte that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- O H Walker Insurance Agency Inc
2210 Crownpoint Executive Dr – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 814-4343 – View Map
- Patriot Insurance Agencies
9620 Monroe Rd – Charlotte, NC 28270 – (704) 644-3058 – View Map
- The Hoffman Agency, LLC
2015 Ayrsley Town Blvd – Charlotte, NC 28273 – (704) 280-8585 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Charlotte who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: John Rose
6853 Fairview Rd c – Charlotte, NC 28210 – (704) 366-7779 – View Map
- Denis Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1850 E 3rd St #360 – Charlotte, NC 28204 – (704) 376-4088 – View Map
- State Farm: Rob Heath
6215 Brookshire Blvd – Charlotte, NC 28216 – (704) 392-4166 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Don’t give up on cheap rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered a lot of ways to save on Pontiac GTO insurance in Charlotte. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company.
Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Low-cost Pontiac GTO insurance in Charlotte can be sourced both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Forester in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much are Charlotte Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)