If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Charlotte is to annually compare prices from providers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who rate shop once a year are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who compared rates regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving money on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Charlotte is the reason for your visit, learning how to get price quotes and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Locating the best rates in Charlotte is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas presented in this article. Nevertheless, North Carolina car owners must understand how big insurance companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so you should also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Charlotte, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in North Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable rates on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Charlotte with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Charlotte auto insurance online.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new Five Hundred can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Low Mileage – Driving less can qualify you for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow companies to analyze where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Ford Five Hundred insurance in Charlotte.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better rates.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your policy cost.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, good student, bundle, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include location of vehicle, age of vehicle, accident-free, annual mileage, good driver, type of vehicle, and professional/association.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, federal employee, good student, multi-policy, and driver training.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple policy, accident-free, and good driver.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Charlotte. To find insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Charlotte, click this link.
Buying insurance from Charlotte insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Charlotte should know the answers to these questions.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- When do they do policy reviews?
When researching a local Charlotte insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Charlotte can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type work for only one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Charlotte that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, you need to compare prices from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Shown below are Charlotte independent insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Ed Cantey Insurance Agency Inc
5534 Albemarle Rd Ste 105 – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (704) 563-7777 – View Map
Quote more to save more
More affordable auto insurance in Charlotte is definitely available online and with local Charlotte insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When you buy Charlotte auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Charlotte. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Charlotte Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much are Charlotte Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Charlotte Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Charlotte Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)