It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who rate shop once a year will, in all likelihood, switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey found that consumers who compared rates once a year saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on Ford GT insurance is the reason you’re reading this, knowing the best way to compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Charlotte is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Components of Your Ford GT Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Minor frequent policy claims are not good – Companies in North Carolina give discounts to people who only file infrequent claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
How your age affects rates – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
Do you have a tough vocation? – Occupations like judges, air traffic controllers, and dentists tend to have the highest average rates because of stressful work requirements and long work hours. Other professions such as farmers, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
Use credit responsibly and save – An insured’s credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Ford GT by repairing your credit. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Vehicle risk impacts premiums – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. Economy passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Car insurance liability limits – Liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Auto insurance policy lapses increase premiums – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a guaranteed way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you fines or a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the North Carolina DMV.
High physical damage deductibles save money – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Ford from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Ford GT insurance in Charlotte is to know the fact auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is provide information like the make and model of your vehicles, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, your general credit rating, and what your job is. Those rating factors is instantly sent to all major companies and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To check Ford GT insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in North Carolina. In order to find cheaper car insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though Charlotte GT insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your GT, almost all lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get better auto insurance rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Charlotte may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used GT can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, accident-free, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for good student, seat belt use, driver training, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for age of vehicle, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, ease of repair, good student, anti-theft, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for distant student, mature driver, multi-car, youthful driver, alternative fuel, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply everywhere.
Insurance agencies near you
A lot of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important especially in Charlotte.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Types of car insurance agents in Charlotte
When finding a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you need to get some free quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Charlotte who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- Honeycutt Insurance Agency
3121 Springbank Ln F – Charlotte, NC 28226 – (704) 752-8233 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Michael Bare Agency
2300 Sardis Rd N a – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 248-8000 – View Map
- Pegram Insurance
4420 C The Plaza – Charlotte, NC 28215 – (704) 563-4343 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Charlotte that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Sarah Highfill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7845 Colony Rd – Charlotte, NC 28226 – (704) 541-9999 – View Map
- State Farm: Jeremy Fulkerson
4805 Park Rd #103 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 523-9005 – View Map
- Joe Pomykacz – State Farm Insurance Agent
2730 E W.T. Harris Blvd #202 – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 535-3700 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Where are claims handled?
When to get professional advice
When selecting coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Ford GT to commute?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What are the best liability limits?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
One last thing to lower rates
Affordable Ford GT insurance in Charlotte is attainable online and with local Charlotte insurance agents, so you need to shop Charlotte car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation, denial of a claim and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
You just learned a lot of tips how to compare Ford GT insurance rates in Charlotte. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with the smaller companies.
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tundra in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)