Really, the only way to save on Ford Mustang insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Charlotte. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, try to learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for tips to lower rates and find missing discounts.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Mustang coverage is available in Charlotte. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Make sure you place the new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted insurance rates at all. North Carolina insurance shoppers could save an average of about $94 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Charlotte is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. Although North Carolina car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
When quoting insurance, remember that making a lot of price comparisons will enable you to find the best offered rates.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in North Carolina. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Charlotte, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in North Carolina
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Charlotte, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Rates and detailed analysis
The table shown next highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Ford Mustang models. Learning a little about how insurance prices are formulated can be valuable when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mustang 2-Dr Convertible||$194||$420||$256||$16||$76||$962||$80|
|Mustang 2-Dr Coupe||$194||$420||$320||$18||$96||$1,048||$87|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Convertible||$220||$482||$256||$16||$76||$1,050||$88|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$482||$320||$18||$96||$1,136||$95|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Convertible||$246||$610||$256||$16||$76||$1,204||$100|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Coupe||$270||$674||$320||$18||$96||$1,378||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease price quotes significantly.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Ford Mustang insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Ford Mustang car insurance rates for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Ford may allow you to get cheaper premium rates.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Mustang is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring more than one vehicle with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select companies give a discount for switching to them early. It could save around 10% when you buy Charlotte auto insurance online.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with some auto insurance companies.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford Mustang insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer most of these discounts possibly include:
If you want cheaper Charlotte auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. For a list of auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in North Carolina, click here.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Ford Mustang is totaled?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.