Are you looking for the cheapest Ford Taurus insurance in Charlotte? Vehicle owners who just recently started comparing insurance coverage rates online are likely to discover purchasing affordable Ford Taurus insurance rates in Charlotte is harder than it should be.
How to quote cheaper Ford Taurus insurance in Charlotte
If you want to save money, the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates in Charlotte is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in North Carolina.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Taurus coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Once received, put the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who compare other rates are very likely to switch insurance companies because of the high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey found that people who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance in Charlotte is your ultimate target, then learning a little about how to quote and compare coverage rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates quite often because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best deal on Ford Taurus insurance in Charlotte two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have insurance now, you will be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. The intent of this article is to let you in on the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. But North Carolina drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies determine what you pay and apply this information to your search.
When shopping for Ford Taurus insurance in Charlotte there are multiple ways of comparing rates from different Charlotte insurance companies. The simplest method to find affordable insurance rates consists of shopping online. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Charlotte, NC. If you wish to find the best car insurance in NC, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Rates and other information
The coverage table below outlines different insurance coverage prices for Ford Taurus models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance policy rates are calculated helps drivers make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$166||$296||$336||$20||$100||$918||$77|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$166||$340||$336||$20||$100||$962||$80|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$182||$340||$336||$20||$100||$978||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase premiums significantly.
One frequently asked question is how low should you set your deductibles. The rates below show how much more you’ll pay when you buy lower versus higher coverage deductibles. The first data set uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$270||$456||$250||$14||$74||$1,089||$91|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$270||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,157||$96|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$298||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,185||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$196||$308||$250||$14||$74||$842||$70|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$196||$354||$250||$14||$74||$888||$74|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$216||$354||$250||$14||$74||$908||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in Charlotte location which can increase or decrease price quotes significantly.
Based on the figures above, using a $100 deductible costs approximately $21 more each month or $252 for a full year than buying the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $400 more out-of-pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you have at least 19 months between claim filings, you would probably be better off if you elect the higher deductible.
How to determine if higher deductibles are a good idea
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$92|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $71|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$21|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $21|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||19 months|
One important note is that raising deductibles means you will have to cover more of the damage yourself when you do file a claim. You should have enough savings in the event you need to pay the deductible.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below compares Ford Taurus car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There isn’t a written rule of when to phase out physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Taurus settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Taurus in Charlotte, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in North Carolina and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford Taurus, most banks will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your Ford but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in North Carolina overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
Women pay lower costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Males and females are in accidents in similar numbers, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
The example below shows the comparison of Ford Taurus annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Vehicle options that cut prices – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder vehicle theft.
- A policy lapse can increase prices – Not maintaining insurance can get you a ticket and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department.
- How do annual miles impact costs? – The higher the miles on your Ford annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet reflects annual mileage. Improper usage on your Taurus is just wasting money.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Having a single driving citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with severe violations like reckless driving or DUI may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up Ford Taurus insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Car insurance liability coverage limits – Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Vocation stress can make you pay more – Occupational choices like military personnel, business owners, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than average attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Claims statistics for a Ford Taurus – Car insurance companies use claims history when they file their rates in each state. Models that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates.
The data below shows the loss history for Ford Taurus vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Taurus Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Taurus 2WD 109 88 134 115 115 101 Ford Taurus 4WD 120 78 141 124 Ford Taurus SHO 4WD 143 96 185 84 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every possible discount very clearly, so we researched a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors are able to get lower premium rates.
- Professional Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Charlotte auto insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- E-sign – A few larger companies provide a small discount simply for signing on the web.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you have to pay.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Ford Taurus insurance prices with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple autos, good driver, accident-free, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, air bags, defensive driver, daytime running lights, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-car, multi-policy, safety features, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and newly retired.
- The Hartford offers discounts for anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, good student, driver training, and bundle.
- MetLife has savings for good driver, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
If you need lower rates, check with every company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to view companies that offer the discounts shown above in North Carolina, click here.
Getting quotes from local Charlotte car insurance agents
A lot of people still like to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Charlotte who will return price quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing a provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Charlotte?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte that are able to give price quotes.
- Brian McCaw – State Farm Insurance Agent
5950 Fairview Rd #220 – Charlotte, NC 28210 – (704) 554-0144 – View Map
- Daniela Hernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
5811 Fairview Rd Ste 102 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 733-9022 – View Map
- Todd Younker – State Farm Insurance Agent
7725 Matthews-Mint Hill Road – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 545-9111 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Below are independent insurance agents in Charlotte willing to provide rate quotes.
- Pegram Insurance
4420 C The Plaza – Charlotte, NC 28215 – (704) 563-4343 – View Map
- Johnson Insurance Management, LLC
3220 Wilkinson Boulevard Ste A3 – Charlotte, NC 28208 – (704) 394-7327 – View Map
- Patriot Insurance Agencies
9620 Monroe Rd – Charlotte, NC 28270 – (704) 644-3058 – View Map
Keep this in mind when shopping around
You just read a lot of information how to compare Ford Taurus insurance car insurance rates in Charlotte. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
How to save money on Ford Taurus insurance in Charlotte
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget Ford Taurus insurance in Charlotte is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in North Carolina.
First, try to comprehend coverages and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Taurus coverage is available in Charlotte. If you can save some money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much is Charlotte Auto Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)