It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year will presumably buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that people who compared prices once a year saved an average of $865 annually compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance in Charlotte is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to quote and compare coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Charlotte is to regularly compare quotes from companies in North Carolina. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and a bad credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Accord Crosstour insurance in Charlotte. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the concepts covered in this article. Our goal is to teach you a little about the best methods to compare rates and also save some money in the process Nevertheless, North Carolina consumers do need to understand the methods companies use to determine prices.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Charlotte
Some companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Accord Crosstour insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Charlotte car insurance online.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below shows the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour insurance prices with and without discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- GEICO discounts include good student, air bags, defensive driver, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century has savings for early bird, air bags, anti-lock brakes, driver training, automatic seat belts, and defensive driver.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, good student, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, multi-car, good driver, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
Double check with all the companies the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Charlotte, click here to view.
Finding Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Charlotte, NC
Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes will enable you to find more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Charlotte, NC. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in NC, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The rate information shown below highlights different insurance coverage prices for Honda Accord Crosstour models. Being aware of how auto insurance premiums are formulated is important for you to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord Crosstour EX 2WD||$92||$174||$298||$18||$90||$672||$56|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD||$92||$174||$298||$18||$90||$672||$56|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD||$104||$204||$298||$18||$90||$714||$60|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 2WD||$104||$204||$298||$18||$90||$714||$60|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 4WD||$104||$204||$298||$18||$90||$714||$60|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Charlotte garaging location which can alter price quotes greatly.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Honda Accord Crosstour insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How careless driving impacts Charlotte car insurance rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and accidents increase Honda Accord Crosstour car insurance rates for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below compares Honda Accord Crosstour car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data is based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a written rule of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Honda Accord Crosstour settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Charlotte that provide free Charlotte car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Charlotte, get answers to these questions.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Charlotte?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Charlotte?
- How long have they been in business?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte willing to provide price quotes.
- Kyle Fadeley – State Farm Insurance Agent
13551 Steelecroft Pkwy #120 – Charlotte, NC 28278 – (704) 588-5585 – View Map
- Brian McCaw – State Farm Insurance Agent
5950 Fairview Rd #220 – Charlotte, NC 28210 – (704) 554-0144 – View Map
- Joe Pomykacz – State Farm Insurance Agent
2730 E W.T. Harris Blvd #202 – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 535-3700 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to compare prices from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Charlotte willing to provide rate quotes.
- RJR Insurance
7810 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy # 300 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 543-2700 – View Map
- Southeast Insurance Agency
212 S Tryon St #1605 – Charlotte, NC 28281 – (704) 885-8006 – View Map
- Pegram Insurance Agency
9010 Glenwater Dr #103 – Charlotte, NC 28262 – (704) 494-9495 – View Map
How much can you save?
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to compare Honda Accord Crosstour insurance prices in Charlotte. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Cost effective Honda Accord Crosstour insurance is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)