Want to learn the secrets to finding low-cost Honda CR-Z insurance in Charlotte? Shopping for affordable Charlotte Honda CR-Z insurance quotes may be intimidating for consumers new to quoting and comparison shopping on the web. With such a big selection of agents and online companies available, how are we expected to efficiently compare every company to locate the cheapest available price?
Steps to finding discount Honda CR-Z insurance in Charlotte
The most effective way to get the cheapest Honda CR-Z insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that sell auto insurance in Charlotte.
- Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for the details to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year will presumably buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $865 a year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on insurance in Charlotte is your goal, learning how to quote and compare insurance can make shopping around easier.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes every six months because rates change regularly. If you had the lowest rate on Honda CR-Z insurance in Charlotte last year a different company probably has better prices today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out the tricks you need to know to find great coverage at a great price.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates increases the chance that you will find lower pricing.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in North Carolina. To get the best cheap auto insurance in NC, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Honda CR-Z Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you cheaper rates.
Only buy coverage you need – There are many extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your CR-Z policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Liability insurance – Liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Better credit means lower premiums – A driver’s credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating is not that good, you may save money insuring your Honda CR-Z by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit.
Is insurance coverage cheaper for females or males? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Both genders are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Don’t abuse policy claims – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in North Carolina generally give cheaper rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
Big cities mean more claims – Living in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Honda CR-Z is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Accidents mean higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Insurance loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the loss history for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-Z Hybrid||106||87||83||98|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may qualify for discounts for Honda CR-Z insurance in Charlotte
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Club Memberships – Being in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
- Distant Student – Children living away from Charlotte attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Charlotte Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Charlotte can get you a discount because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see companies who offer discounts in North Carolina, click here.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- What is the minimum liability in North Carolina?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local Charlotte insurance agents and auto insurance
Many people would rather have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is still important in Charlotte.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Charlotte who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Charlotte for you
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents in Charlotte are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you should always contact independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Charlotte that can possibly get you price quote information.
- The Tillman Agency – Nationwide Insurance
8440 Rea Rd STE P – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 960-1860 – View Map
- The Jordan Insurance Agency,LLC
13860 Ballantyne Corporate Pl #120 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 926-7565 – View Map
- The Hoffman Agency, LLC
2015 Ayrsley Town Blvd – Charlotte, NC 28273 – (704) 280-8585 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Denis Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1850 E 3rd St #360 – Charlotte, NC 28204 – (704) 376-4088 – View Map
- Howard Johnson Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
5342 Docia Crossing Rd a – Charlotte, NC 28269 – (704) 947-7233 – View Map
- Joe Pomykacz – State Farm Insurance Agent
2730 E W.T. Harris Blvd #202 – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 535-3700 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Charlotte?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you have the power to cancel your policy whenever you want so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent indefinitely.
Lower-priced Honda CR-Z insurance in Charlotte is available both online as well as from independent agents in Charlotte, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Honda CR-Z insurance auto insurance rates online in Charlotte. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
How to quote cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance in Charlotte
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Charlotte is to do an annual price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
First, read about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and bad credit can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. When you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to look at every company you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Charlotte Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)