If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Charlotte. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key thing to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to analyze every company you can. This provides a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who get price comparisons are inclined to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that people who regularly compared rates saved over $70 a month compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance is your objective, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
Choosing the best rates in Charlotte can be made easier if you know where to look. If you have coverage now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using these methods. Although North Carolina drivers benefit from understanding how companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering Hyundai Elantra insurance in Charlotte
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Data for Hyundai Elantra insurance
The premium information shown below showcases different insurance policy prices for Hyundai Elantra models. Learning a little about how policy premiums are calculated can help customers make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$134||$248||$256||$16||$76||$730||$61|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$354||$302||$18||$90||$898||$75|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$354||$302||$18||$90||$918||$77|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$354||$302||$18||$90||$918||$77|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$154||$300||$256||$16||$76||$802||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can affect auto insurance rates significantly.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Elantra car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the North Carolina minimum liability coverage. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline to drop full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Hyundai Elantra book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Discount Charlotte insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not list all discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Charlotte car insurance online.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Elantra insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Student in College – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Charlotte and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
The information below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Elantra insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- Travelers may include discounts for save driver, multi-car, multi-policy, new car, and home ownership.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, air bags, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, multi-car, safety features, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered on policies everywhere. To see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower premium rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Charlotte that can provide free Charlotte car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Who are their largest clients?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When looking for a good Charlotte insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Charlotte are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Charlotte that are able to give rate quotes.
- Gene Haynes – State Farm Insurance Agent
8316 Medical Plaza Dr a – Charlotte, NC 28262 – (704) 549-1515 – View Map
- Michael Pritchard – State Farm Insurance Agent
8633 Monroe Rd d – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (704) 535-2292 – View Map
- Michael Grant – State Farm Insurance Agent
1727 East Blvd – Charlotte, NC 28203 – (704) 373-7444 – View Map
These agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Charlotte who can help you get rate quotes.
- The Tillman Agency – Nationwide Insurance
8440 Rea Rd STE P – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 960-1860 – View Map
- A1 Insurance
537 W Sugar Creek Rd # 104B – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 598-4442 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Timothy G Hausmann Agency
2313 Randolph Rd – Charlotte, NC 28207 – (704) 332-0011 – View Map
Cover all your bases
Cheaper Hyundai Elantra insurance in Charlotte is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Charlotte agents, so you need to shop Charlotte car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Charlotte. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Charlotte car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund or even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Much more information about auto insurance in North Carolina is located at these links:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)