Remarkably, a study showed that most car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Consumers in North Carolina could save an average of as much as $94 each year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop around.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Charlotte is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in North Carolina. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more information to help reduce prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Charlotte. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Locating the best rates in Charlotte is not that difficult. Nevertheless, North Carolina drivers need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies determine premium rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Score discounts on Charlotte auto insurance
Some providers do not advertise all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Charlotte auto insurance online.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Veloster insurance in Charlotte.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Charlotte auto insurance quote.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Charlotte auto insurance online.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could mean lower premium rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, good student, defensive driver, daytime running lights, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- USAA offers discounts for safe driver, annual mileage, good student, defensive driver, and new vehicle.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including emergency road assistance, anti-theft, online quote, anti-lock brakes, online shopper, and defensive driver.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for bundle discounts, homeowner, early shopping, multi-car, mature driver, switch companies, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, multiple autos, good student, multiple policy, driver’s education, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
When getting free Charlotte auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Charlotte. If you would like to see a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in North Carolina, click here to view.
It’s important to know that more quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing. Not every company provides online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Charlotte, NC, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
When to contact an insurance agency
Many people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Charlotte auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Charlotte?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
Lower rates by being persistent
You just learned a lot of techniques to shop for Hyundai Veloster insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When you buy Charlotte auto insurance online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Charlotte Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)