It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Charlotte.
- First, learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who compare rates once a year are likely to switch to a new company because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved over $860 a year compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable Jaguar X-Type insurance in Charlotte is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare coverage rates can save money and time.
Save money with these eight price cutting discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Charlotte Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- E-sign – Some larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Jaguar may allow you to get better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, good driver, safe vehicle, driver’s education, anti-theft, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for exclusive group savings, new move discount, multi-car, newly married, and safety features.
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, early bird, TimeAway discount, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, distant student, multi-car, mature driver, switch companies, and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for safe driver, company car, student away at school, good student, and group or association.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, anti-theft, accident prevention training, multi-car, safe driver, and homeowner.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply in your area.
Compare Jaguar X-Type insurance rates
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Charlotte, NC. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Charlotte, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Independent and exclusive insurance agencies
A lot of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Charlotte who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Charlotte should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What companies can they write with?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Charlotte can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Charlotte willing to provide price quote information.
- Alex Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4108 Park Rd #106 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 525-9995 – View Map
- Sarah Highfill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7845 Colony Rd – Charlotte, NC 28226 – (704) 541-9999 – View Map
- State Farm: Jeremy Fulkerson
4805 Park Rd #103 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 523-9005 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Charlotte that are able to give price quotes.
- Craig and Preston Insurance Agency
2210 Coronation Blvd Suite A – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 321-2900 – View Map
- All Points Insurance Agencies
5618 Albemarle Rd # 200 – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (980) 221-9468 – View Map
- The Hoffman Agency, LLC
2015 Ayrsley Town Blvd – Charlotte, NC 28273 – (704) 280-8585 – View Map
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your X-Type from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your X-Type to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as surgery, nursing services, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Jaguar X-Type.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. North Carolina state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, fire damage, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Persistence pays off
We just presented a lot of information how to reduce Jaguar X-Type insurance premium rates online in Charlotte. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation and even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Cost effective Jaguar X-Type insurance can be sourced both online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Charlotte car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High School Students in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)