Anyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who compare other rates will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved on average $860 a year compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on insurance is your ultimate objective, understanding how to find companies and compare coverages can make the process less intimidating.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Charlotte.
First, try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic citations and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for the details to keep prices down and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Low Cost companies for Porsche Cayenne insurance
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Charlotte, NC. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Facts and figures for Porsche Cayenne insurance
The rate information below outlines different rate quotes for Porsche Cayenne models. Learning more about how auto insurance premiums are formulated can be of help when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayenne S Transyberia||$280||$628||$324||$20||$96||$1,348||$112|
|Cayenne GTS PD Edition 3||$304||$692||$324||$20||$96||$1,436||$120|
|Cayenne Turbo S||$374||$824||$324||$20||$96||$1,638||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in Charlotte location which can affect premiums noticeably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Porsche Cayenne insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Charlotte insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims increase Porsche Cayenne premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Cayenne auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage in Charlotte
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Porsche Cayenne premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive guideline to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Porsche Cayenne replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $300 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Cayenne insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Charlotte Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- E-sign Discounts – Some companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on your computer.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best insurance rates compared to frequent claim filers.
- Resident Student – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Porsche Cayenne insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, military active duty, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good student, professional/association, ease of repair, type of vehicle, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, business and professional, mature driver, and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include anti-theft, paid in full, mature driver, group or association, anti-lock brakes, good student, and teen driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new graduate, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, and new vehicle discount.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, drive less, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, online signing, and online quote discount.
- USAA has discounts for defensive driver, vehicle storage, driver training, annual mileage, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in North Carolina, click here.
Do I need an agent?
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Charlotte who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
If you need to find a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can handle car insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte who can help you get comparison quotes.
Roger Craig – State Farm Insurance Agent
1427 Emerywood Dr – Charlotte, NC 28210 – (704) 553-2327 – View Map
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are Charlotte independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Ed Cantey Insurance Agency Inc
5534 Albemarle Rd Ste 105 – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (704) 563-7777 – View Map
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
Low-cost Porsche Cayenne insurance in Charlotte can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
We just showed you many ways to save on Porsche Cayenne insurance in Charlotte. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)