The best way we recommend to get more affordable Mazda Tribute insurance in Charlotte is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in North Carolina. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend auto insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many things that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Tribute insurance. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rates annually saved about $70 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable Mazda Tribute insurance is why you’re reading this, understanding the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Just remember that more quotes provides better odds of finding the best price. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so you should also compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies offer price quotes in North Carolina. In order to find cheap car insurance in NC, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Insurance rate breakdown
The data table below outlines a range of policy rates for Mazda Tribute models. Being aware of how premiums are formulated can aid in making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribute I Sport 2WD||$104||$218||$198||$12||$60||$592||$49|
|Tribute I Sport 4WD||$104||$218||$198||$12||$60||$592||$49|
|Tribute I Touring 2WD||$104||$218||$198||$12||$60||$592||$49|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 2WD||$120||$218||$198||$12||$60||$608||$51|
|Tribute I Touring 4WD||$120||$218||$198||$12||$60||$608||$51|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 4WD||$120||$256||$198||$12||$60||$646||$54|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 2WD||$120||$256||$198||$12||$60||$646||$54|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 4WD||$120||$256||$198||$12||$60||$646||$54|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower rates greatly.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents drive up Mazda Tribute auto insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Age, gender, and Mazda Tribute insurance
The chart below shows the difference between Mazda Tribute yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Three good reasons to insure your Mazda Tribute
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Tribute has a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Mazda at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Mazda. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in North Carolina overpays more than $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Lower Your Charlotte Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower premium levels.
- Don’t cancel your insurance policy without a new one in place – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford – Liability insurance will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- More mileage equals more premium – The more you drive your Mazda in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your Tribute is just wasting money.
How old are your drivers? – Older people are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience are known to be less responsible when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – Policies have additional coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Marriage discount – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when buying insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more stable financially and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the list below contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can save you money since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower prices.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will lower the premium cost.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Mazda Tribute auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, multi-policy, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, newly married, new graduate, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, and newly retired.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include safe vehicle, group or association, multiple vehicles, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-car, drive less, anti-theft, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
Local Charlotte insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Charlotte?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Best auto insurance agent in Charlotte
When searching for a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Charlotte are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Charlotte who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- AAA Carolinas
6600 A A A Dr – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (704) 569-3600 – View Map
- Roger Craig – State Farm Insurance Agent
1427 Emerywood Dr – Charlotte, NC 28210 – (704) 553-2327 – View Map
- Alex Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4108 Park Rd #106 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 525-9995 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to compare quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are independent agencies in Charlotte that can give you price quotes.
- Allwood Insurance
3611 Mt Holly-Huntersville Rd #205 – Charlotte, NC 28216 – (704) 395-1239 – View Map
- O H Walker Insurance Agency Inc
2210 Crownpoint Executive Dr – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 814-4343 – View Map
- Pegram Insurance
4420 C The Plaza – Charlotte, NC 28215 – (704) 563-4343 – View Map
Compare but don’t skimp
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers and even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is easier than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you many tips how you can save on Mazda Tribute insurance in Charlotte. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)