Do you want to save money by buying low-cost Pontiac Grand Am insurance in Charlotte? Being forced to pay for high-priced auto insurance premiums can draw down your accounts and make it hard to pay other bills. Performing a rate comparison can lower your rates and help to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. The average driver in Charlotte could cut their rates by up to $94 a year, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
How to find affordable quotes for Pontiac Grand Am insurance in Charlotte
The recommended way to find cheaper Pontiac Grand Am insurance in Charlotte is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in North Carolina. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, try to learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives information to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies. View insurance agents
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Charlotte. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
You have so many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Cutting your Charlotte car insurance rates is an easy way to save money. All that’s required is to take the time to get quotes to see which company has inexpensive Charlotte car insurance quotes.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to physically go to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates this option unless you want the guidance of a local Charlotte agent. Although you can comparison shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Charlotte, NC. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in North Carolina, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Charlotte Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Charlotte can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, air bags, driver training, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, teen driver, safe vehicle, and group or association.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, accident-free, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good driver, bundled insurance, and good student.
- Esurance may include discounts for good driver, emergency road assistance, claim free, online quote, online shopper, and multi-policy.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- AAA has discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, good driver, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
Before buying, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in North Carolina, click here.