It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who compare other rates will presumably move their business because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who shopped around saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving money on insurance in Charlotte is your ultimate goal, understanding the best way to quote and compare coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Really, the only way to get budget Chevy Sonic insurance is to compare quotes once a year from different companies that sell auto insurance in Charlotte.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like speeding and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional tips to help keep prices low and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Charlotte. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
All the larger auto insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes online. Comparing Chevy Sonic insurance rates online doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system will obtain your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on the data you entered.
Getting online rate quotes for Chevy Sonic insurance in Charlotte makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find lower-cost rates.
In order to use this form to compare rates, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in North Carolina. To find cheap car insurance in NC, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Charlotte insurance discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Charlotte car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new Sonic can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and their offered discounts are:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, new vehicle, annual mileage, vehicle storage, safe driver, and loyalty savings.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good driver, good student, and early bird.
- Esurance discounts include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, emergency road assistance, and DriveSense.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for youthful driver, teen driver, mature driver, bundle discounts, and distant student.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, accident-free, multiple autos, anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Charlotte. To see companies who offer free Chevy Sonic insurance quotes in Charlotte, click this link.
What Determines Chevy Sonic Insurance Costs?
Many different elements are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims would be a dented fender, collision with an animal, and burglary. The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Cheaper to insure women? – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Males and females cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. They also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
What are good liability coverage limits? – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
How old are your drivers? – Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be inattentive when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
Where you live – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Less people translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
Rates are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Chevy Sonic insurance loss data – Insurance companies use past insurance losses to help determine prices. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Sonic vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local neighborhood Charlotte car insurance agents
Many drivers still like to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Charlotte car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Charlotte will have answers to these questions.
- Where are claims handled?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Different types of car insurance agents in Charlotte
If you want to use a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte that can give you comparison quotes.
- Joe Pomykacz – State Farm Insurance Agent
2730 E W.T. Harris Blvd #202 – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 535-3700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Randolph
1001 W W.T. Harris Blvd m – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 549-1710 – View Map
- Michael Pritchard – State Farm Insurance Agent
8633 Monroe Rd d – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (704) 535-2292 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Charlotte that can give you price quote information.
- Pegram Insurance Agency
9010 Glenwater Dr #103 – Charlotte, NC 28262 – (704) 494-9495 – View Map
- A1 Insurance
537 W Sugar Creek Rd # 104B – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 598-4442 – View Map
- Lawing – Elvington Insurance Agency
6132 Brookshire Blvd b – Charlotte, NC 28216 – (704) 391-8483 – View Map
More effort can pay off
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce Chevy Sonic insurance rates online in Charlotte. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Charlotte car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Charlotte car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with an unexpected company.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much are Charlotte Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)