Unbelievable but true according to a study most drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. North Carolina insurance shoppers could save up to $100 a year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
The preferred way to find low-cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Charlotte is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Shelby GT350 coverage is available in Charlotte. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in North Carolina. To get cheap auto insurance in Charlotte, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Charlotte with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Charlotte Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Charlotte can save a few bucks because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Charlotte car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Charlotte car insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Charlotte.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Charlotte insurance agent
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent. Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Charlotte that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Charlotte?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
If you are searching for a local Charlotte insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents in Charlotte can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Michael Pritchard – State Farm Insurance Agent
8633 Monroe Rd d – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (704) 535-2292 – View Map
- Alex Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4108 Park Rd #106 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 525-9995 – View Map
- Jeff Genant – State Farm Insurance Agent
15105 John J Delaney Dr – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 594-3000 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Charlotte willing to provide rate quotes.
- Biggs Insurance Group
13850 Ballantyne Corporate Pl #500 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 369-5270 – View Map
- Lawing – Elvington Insurance Agency
6132 Brookshire Blvd b – Charlotte, NC 28216 – (704) 391-8483 – View Map
- Pegram Insurance Agency
9010 Glenwater Dr #103 – Charlotte, NC 28262 – (704) 494-9495 – View Map
If you receive good responses to all your questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that consumers can cancel your policy whenever you wish so don’t assume you are locked into your new company for a certain time period.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Ford Shelby GT350?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Lower Your Charlotte Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
Affects performance affects auto insurance premiums – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices tend to be for low performance passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Too many policy claims will drive premiums up – Car insurance companies in North Carolina provide the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Deter theft and pay less – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your car from being stolen.
Marriage can lower costs – Being married can get you a discount compared to being single. It is viewed as being more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
High deductibles reduce prices – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a broken windshield, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
Safer cars save money – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Buying the right Shelby GT350 insurance in North Carolina is an important decision
Even though Charlotte Shelby GT350 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your Ford and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Shelby GT350 more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America overpays as much as $800 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Shop around and save
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented a lot of tips how to shop for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Charlotte car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
More affordable car insurance in Charlotte is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Charlotte, so you need to shop Charlotte car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
More detailed car insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High School Students in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)