It’s amazing but a large majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,000, North Carolina drivers could save as much as 10% each year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Lexus IS 200t insurance in Charlotte is to compare quotes once a year from providers that sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives additional tips to get low prices and earn larger discounts.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding better pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so it’s important to compare prices from them, too.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Charlotte, NC. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Charlotte, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Charlotte
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every discount very well, so we researched some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Charlotte auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings might not apply everywhere. To see insurance companies who offer free Lexus IS 200t insurance quotes in North Carolina, follow this link.
Compare rates but still have a local Charlotte insurance agent
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to insurance agents in Charlotte that can provide free Charlotte auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will they give you a referral list?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local agent, there are two different agency structures and how they function. Charlotte agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Charlotte exclusive insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
Matt “Woody” Woodford – State Farm Insurance Agent
501 S Sharon Amity Rd #200 – Charlotte, NC 28211 – (704) 971-3030 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, we recommend you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent agencies in Charlotte who can help you get rate quotes.
Seven factors that impact insurance costs
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better insurance rates.
- Get better costs if you’re married – Having a significant other may save some money on your insurance bill. Marriage translates into being more responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Better premiums with anti-theft devices – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Physical damage deductibles – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Lexus. Examples of covered claims are a dented fender, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- With age comes responsibility – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Males tend to take more risk – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Males and females are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Having a single speeding ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- A policy lapse can increase rates – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse can be a guaranteed way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Protect your IS 200t and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Charlotte, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your IS 200t, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Charlotte is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
How much can you save?
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to shop for Lexus IS 200t insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Charlotte auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Charlotte auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When you buy Charlotte auto insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced insurance in Charlotte can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information is located below:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)