Do you want to save money by finding more affordable auto insurance rates in Charlotte, NC? Charlotte consumers have lots of choices when looking for the best price on Volvo S60 insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Volvo and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Charlotte agents.
It’s a good idea to compare rates before your policy renews since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best quotes on Volvo S60 insurance in Charlotte a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the best way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
We hope to instruct you on the best methods to compare rates and also pocket some savings If you’re already insured, you should be able to cut your premiums using the techniques covered below. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the quickest method to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. This process doesn’t take a lot of time because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Once entered, the quote system collects your driving record and credit report and generates a price determined by many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to do this if you want to get the best possible rates on insurance.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Charlotte, NC. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of these eight discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable their company to look at where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Charlotte Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Charlotte can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper prices.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive discounts include good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- MetLife has discounts for good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including safe driver, good student, driver training, renewal discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, air bags, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- SAFECO includes discounts for safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, drive less, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Charlotte. To see insurers who offer online Volvo S60 insurance quotes in Charlotte, click here.
Three reasons to insure your Volvo vehicle
Even though Charlotte S60 insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo S60 has a loan, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Volvo at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Volvo S60 and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Local Charlotte insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. Supporting small agencies is still important in Charlotte.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Charlotte that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Charlotte auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are searching for a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Charlotte are considered either independent or exclusive. Both sell auto insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, you should always get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
The following are Charlotte independent insurance agents who can help you get pricing information.
- Patriot Insurance Agencies
9620 Monroe Rd – Charlotte, NC 28270 – (704) 644-3058 – View Map
- O H Walker Insurance Agency Inc
2210 Crownpoint Executive Dr – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 814-4343 – View Map
- A1 Insurance
537 W Sugar Creek Rd # 104B – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 598-4442 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte willing to provide rate quotes.
- Michael Grant – State Farm Insurance Agent
1727 East Blvd – Charlotte, NC 28203 – (704) 373-7444 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Randolph
1001 W W.T. Harris Blvd m – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 549-1710 – View Map
- Alex Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4108 Park Rd #106 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 525-9995 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Charlotte should be willing to answer these questions.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (North Carolina limits are 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 30/60/25 which means a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like loss of income, legal defense fees, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. North Carolina requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like dental work, EMT expenses, pain medications, funeral costs and nursing services. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your S60 to get cheaper collision coverage.