If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Charlotte. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like distracted driving and a bad credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides the details to prevent expensive rate increases and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
One piece of advice is to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance is your target objective, learning how to shop and compare insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
Compare Charlotte Volvo S90 insurance price quotes online
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Charlotte, NC. If you want cheap auto insurance in Charlotte, NC, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Charlotte who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent to your email. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Charlotte?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
When narrowing the list to find a good Charlotte insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Charlotte are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Charlotte who can help you get rate quotes.
- Alex Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4108 Park Rd #106 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 525-9995 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bob White
601 S Kings Dr, Ste FF – Charlotte, NC 28204 – (704) 376-3479 – View Map
- Todd Younker – State Farm Insurance Agent
7725 Matthews-Mint Hill Road – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 545-9111 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Charlotte who can help you get rate quotes.
- The Jordan Insurance Agency,LLC
13860 Ballantyne Corporate Pl #120 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 926-7565 – View Map
- RJR Insurance
7810 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy # 300 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 543-2700 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ed Cantey Insurance Agency Inc
5534 Albemarle Rd Ste 105 – Charlotte, NC 28212 – (704) 563-7777 – View Map