Searching for more affordable Volvo XC70 insurance in Charlotte? Finding better insurance prices for a Volvo XC70 in North Carolina could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes for your Volvo and obtain the lowest price either online or from Charlotte insurance agents.
It’s a great practice to compare rates at least once a year because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best deal on Volvo XC70 insurance in Charlotte a year ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the best way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Cheap companies for Volvo XC70 insurance
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in North Carolina. To get cheap car insurance in Charlotte, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Volvo XC70 detailed coverage information
The data table shown next highlights a range of insurance premium costs for Volvo XC70 models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance prices are established can benefit drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$116||$204||$270||$16||$80||$686||$57|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$116||$236||$270||$16||$80||$718||$60|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in Charlotte location which can alter rates greatly.
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Volvo XC70 insurance prices for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The chart below compares Volvo XC70 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Save with these money saving discounts
Some companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Distant Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Charlotte and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- E-sign Discounts – Some larger companies provide a small discount for signing up on your computer.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The information below compares Volvo XC70 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, multiple policy, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, safe driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, good student, and driver training.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-theft, accident prevention training, homeowner, multi-car, and drive less.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Charlotte.
Buying auto insurance from Charlotte car insurance agents
Some people just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Charlotte.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that can provide free Charlotte car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Listed below are Charlotte insurance companies that can give you rate quotes for Volvo XC70 insurance in Charlotte.
- Denis Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1850 E 3rd St #360 – Charlotte, NC 28204 – (704) 376-4088 – View Map
- RJR Insurance
7810 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy # 300 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 543-2700 – View Map
- State Farm: Happy Mullen
2201 South Blvd #420 – Charlotte, NC 28203 – (704) 362-0800 – View Map
- Charlotte Insurance
5113 Piper Station Dr #207 – Charlotte, NC 28277 – (704) 536-0995 – View Map
Picking a company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- If they are an independent agency in Charlotte, which companies do they recommend?
- How long have they been in business?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Upon getting positive feedback and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an insurance company that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage. It’s important to know that you have the power to cancel your policy any time you want so never feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency with no way to switch.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
We just covered a lot of techniques to save on Volvo XC70 insurance in Charlotte. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices and not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to find cheaper Volvo XC70 insurance in Charlotte
If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Charlotte is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Get an understanding of how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze every company you can. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)