We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who compare rates at least once a year are likely to move their business because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that people who regularly compared rates saved as much as $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Charlotte is your ultimate objective, then having a grasp of the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The preferred way to find affordable Dodge Magnum insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Charlotte.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Magnum coverage is available. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you’re already insured or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Quoting and comparing more affordable coverage in Charlotte is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just have to use the fastest way to compare rates using one simple form.
How to get affordable Dodge Magnum insurance in Charlotte, North Carolina
Most major insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage from their websites. Doing online quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in Charlotte is quite simple as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into a form. Behind the scenes, their system gets information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
The ability to get online price quotes for Dodge Magnum insurance in Charlotte makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the best rate on auto insurance.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will get an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Charlotte, NC. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in North Carolina, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Magnum insurance, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your Dodge Magnum and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Charlotte is wasting up to $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Get cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance rates in Charlotte
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when getting a Charlotte auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Magnum is cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Charlotte auto insurance depending on your company.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some companies that may offer policyholders some of the discounts shown above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state.