Locating better insurance prices for a Honda Pilot in North Carolina can turn out to be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Honda and get the lowest price from Charlotte insurance agents and online providers.
Cutting your insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Just spend a little time to get quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Charlotte, NC. To find cheap car insurance in Charlotte, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheap Charlotte car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Charlotte auto insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below compares Honda Pilot annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for youthful driver, alternative fuel, business and professional, switch companies, mature driver, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, driver training, good student, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, defensive driving training, multiple policy, good student, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, multi-policy, seat belt use, anti-theft, driver training, and good student.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, homeowner, drive less, multi-car, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new graduate, newly retired, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, safety features, good student, and hybrid vehicle.
When quoting, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be offered in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free Honda Pilot insurance quotes in North Carolina, follow this link.
Analysis of coverages
The premium information displayed below highlights different insurance rates for Honda Pilot models. Having a good understanding how insurance rates are calculated can help you make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$116||$192||$302||$18||$90||$718||$60|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$132||$192||$302||$18||$90||$734||$61|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$132||$192||$302||$18||$90||$734||$61|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$132||$234||$302||$18||$90||$776||$65|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$132||$234||$302||$18||$90||$776||$65|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$132||$234||$302||$18||$90||$776||$65|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$132||$234||$302||$18||$90||$776||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise insurance rates noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Honda Pilot annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Charlotte
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Honda Pilot car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Lower Your Charlotte Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Never let your auto insurance expire – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Carolina department of motor vehicles.
Cautious drivers pay the best rates – Only having one driving citation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have multiple violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and accidents can affect Honda Pilot auto insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Save money with theft deterrents – Buying a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
Pay more if you have a long commute – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
Honda Pilot insurance loss statistics – Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the historical loss data for Honda Pilot vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Pilot 4dr 2WD||70||96||69||82||82||86|
|Honda Pilot 4dr 4WD||79||105||81||88||74||82|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years