Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Many drivers in North Carolina could save almost 10% a year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to compare rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper Tesla Model 3 insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Charlotte. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a bad credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for additional ideas to help reduce prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. Once received, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Score discounts on Charlotte insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring all your vehicles with the same insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Charlotte car insurance over the internet.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Model 3 can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, multiple autos, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, accident-free, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new move discount, preferred payment discount, multi-car, multi-policy, newly retired, safety features, and exclusive group savings.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, air bag, bundle, and driver training.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, claim-free, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Savings may not be offered in Charlotte.
Buy Charlotte Tesla Model 3 insurance online
To find cheaper Charlotte car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare quotes from different companies. The best way to comparison shop consists of shopping online. It’s important to know that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Charlotte, NC. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Charlotte, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Should I rate my Tesla Model 3 as pleasure use or commute?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Charlotte car insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting small agencies is still important in Charlotte.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Charlotte who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you would like to find a local Charlotte insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents in Charlotte can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies through many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Charlotte that may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Lawing – Elvington Insurance Agency
6132 Brookshire Blvd b – Charlotte, NC 28216 – (704) 391-8483 – View Map
- Michael A Goodman Insurance Agency Inc
6401 Carmel Rd Ste 208 – Charlotte, NC 28226 – (704) 541-8660 – View Map
- Craig and Preston Insurance Agency
2210 Coronation Blvd Suite A – Charlotte, NC 28227 – (704) 321-2900 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm: Jeremy Fulkerson
4805 Park Rd #103 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 523-9005 – View Map
- Matt “Woody” Woodford – State Farm Insurance Agent
501 S Sharon Amity Rd #200 – Charlotte, NC 28211 – (704) 971-3030 – View Map
- George Pettice – State Farm Insurance Agent
820 Tyvola Rd #103 – Charlotte, NC 28217 – (704) 523-1717 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Shop smart and save
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented many ways to find lower-cost Tesla Model 3 insurance in Charlotte. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Charlotte Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- How Much are Charlotte Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)