If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper Kia Soul EV insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Charlotte. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to lower rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once received, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every quote and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best price selection.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. North Carolina consumers could save approximately $90 each year, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
Locating the best rates in Charlotte is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using this information. You only need to know the quickest way to compare prices instantly.
Discounts for affordable car insurance rates
Car insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but some need to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Good Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Charlotte auto insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for slightly better prices than normal.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Soul EV insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount should help lower the premium cost.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for pay in full, bundle discounts, switch companies, mature driver, early shopping, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, multi-policy, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple policy, accident-free, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, federal employee, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, air bags, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, anti-theft, multi-car, drive less, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-car, preferred payment discount, good student, and newly retired.
When getting free Charlotte auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. To view car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Charlotte, click here to view.
The following companies can provide quotes in Charlotte, NC. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in North Carolina, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Kia Soul EV Insurance Price Factors
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
The list below includes some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in North Carolina give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Safer vehicles are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
- Get hitched and pay lower costs – Being married can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other translates into being more responsible and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Prevent theft and save – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Bad driving leads to higher prices – Only having one ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have license-revoking citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- No coverage gaps is important – Going without insurance is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time.
Local Charlotte insurance agents and auto insurance
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Charlotte that provide free Charlotte auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Any agent in Charlotte should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Charlotte for you
When researching a local Charlotte insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Charlotte may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is important to understand why they differ because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Charlotte willing to provide price quote information.
Brian McCaw – State Farm Insurance Agent
5950 Fairview Rd #220 – Charlotte, NC 28210 – (704) 554-0144 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you should always get rate quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Charlotte independent insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
After receiving reasonable responses to these questions as well as cheaper Soul EV insurance quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Protect more than your Kia vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Soul EV in Charlotte, paying for insurance is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Soul EV with a loan, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheap car insurance rates are possible
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to reduce Kia Soul EV insurance auto insurance rates online in Charlotte. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from the smaller companies. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper Kia Soul EV insurance in Charlotte is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Charlotte agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about car insurance in North Carolina is available below:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)