The most effective way to find low-cost prices for Kia Stinger insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in Charlotte.
First, get an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for information to help prevent expensive coverage and find overlooked discounts.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Find a Charlotte insurance agent
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Stinger insurance in Charlotte. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rates once a year saved $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance in Charlotte is your objective, knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can help simplify the process.
What Determines Kia Stinger Insurance Prices?
Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers prices – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Know your credit rating – Having a bad credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Stinger by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Tickets hurt – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Buy as much liability protection as you can afford – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Your stress level may be raising your prices – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like military personnel, architects, and accountants generally have higher premium rates attributed to intense work requirements and long work days. Other professions such as farmers, athletes and retirees pay the least.
- An active policy claims history can cost you more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in North Carolina award better rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Charlotte, NC. In order to find the best auto insurance in Charlotte, NC, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Three good reasons to insure your Kia vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Stinger in Charlotte, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Kia at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Lower-cost Kia Stinger insurance in Charlotte
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Charlotte car insurance with certain companies.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Good Student – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can get better insurance rates.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new graduate, preferred payment discount, new move discount, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, newly retired, and multi-car.
- American Family discounts include defensive driver, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, air bags, good driver, accident-free, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for distant student, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for paid in full, paperless, safe driver, student away at school, multi-policy, company car, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, multi-car, homeowner, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To find companies with discount insurance rates in North Carolina, click here to view.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
Many people just want to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a company should include more criteria than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in North Carolina?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Charlotte insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Charlotte willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Charlotte who can help you get comparison quotes.
Affordable insurance is out there
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheap Kia Stinger insurance in Charlotte can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, so get free Charlotte car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below: