Statistics show that a large majority of drivers in North Carolina have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. American consumers could save as much as $860 every year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop around.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Charlotte is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in North Carolina. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. View companies
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Companies offering cheap Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG prices in Charlotte, NC
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Charlotte, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Insurance Premium Factors
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help determine your premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower insurance prices. Lots of things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time.
The items below are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better prices – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
Prevent theft and save – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your car from being stolen.
Physical damage deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Proper usage rating affects rates – Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your policy properly reflects the correct driver usage. Having the wrong rating on your SLS AMG is throwing money out the window.
Your address can push rates up or down – Being located in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims.
Gender as a rate factor – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both genders are in accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
High stress employer may mean higher rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations such as military personnel, social workers, and stock brokers are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Take policy discounts and save on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Charlotte
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Resident Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to look at driving patterns remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To view insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Charlotte, click here to view.
Comparing quotes from local Charlotte auto insurance agents
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Charlotte.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to companies in Charlotte who want to provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you need to find local Charlotte agents, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Charlotte agents may be either exclusive or independent. Both types can sell car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Charlotte that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Charlotte who can help you get price quotes.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Charlotte?
- If they are an independent agency in Charlotte, which companies do they recommend?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Charlotte?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Charlotte?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
It’s not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- What happens if I owe more than my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG is worth?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in North Carolina?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to lower your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance rates in Charlotte. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)