Shockingly, about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. North Carolina consumers could save an average of $94 each year, but they won’t spend time to compare rates.
The preferred way to get discount Nissan Frontier insurance in Charlotte is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in North Carolina. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
The best way to get rate comparisons for Nissan Frontier insurance in Charlotte is to know most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as deductibles desired, if you went to college, how you use your vehicles, and what you do for a living. That information is instantly provided to multiple different insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
To get price quotes for your Nissan Frontier now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Charlotte.
The following companies offer price quotes in Charlotte, NC. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Charlotte, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The information displayed next highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Nissan Frontier models. Being more informed about how insurance prices are figured can help customers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$98||$206||$420||$24||$126||$874||$73|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$114||$206||$420||$24||$126||$890||$74|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$114||$250||$420||$24||$126||$934||$78|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$132||$250||$420||$24||$126||$952||$79|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$132||$250||$420||$24||$126||$952||$79|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$132||$206||$336||$20||$100||$794||$66|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$132||$296||$420||$24||$126||$998||$83|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$132||$296||$420||$24||$126||$998||$83|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$132||$250||$336||$20||$100||$838||$70|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$148||$250||$336||$20||$100||$854||$71|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$148||$250||$336||$20||$100||$854||$71|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$148||$250||$336||$20||$100||$854||$71|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$148||$250||$336||$20||$100||$854||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can modify rates significantly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can impact Nissan Frontier annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Frontier yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in North Carolina. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Frontier replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower rates. Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Mature drivers save more – Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Credit rating impacts premiums – Your credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating can be improved, you could save money insuring your Nissan Frontier if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with bad credit.
- You might want pay the inexpensive auto insurance claims yourself – If you file claims often, you should expect higher rates. Companies in North Carolina give the best rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Job impacts premiums – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like real estate brokers, executives, and dentists tend to pay the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. Other professions such as actors, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Gender is a factor – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes get in accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan Frontier insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Influences performance influences auto insurance costs – The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Nissan Frontier insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of risk factors.
Loss statistics for a Nissan Frontier – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The data below shows the insurance loss data for Nissan Frontier vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Frontier Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD 57 64 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD 64 95 78 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD 77 97 67 106 87 98 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD 71 95 76 70 79 85 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD 73 110 71 89 87 117 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD 68 80 63 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Frontier insurance, car insurance is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Nissan with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Nissan. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.