Tired of being strong-armed to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other drivers in North Carolina.
Statistics show that the vast majority of car insurance customers in North Carolina have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in America could save roughly $859 every year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates.
Many insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company and uncover the absolute cheapest price on Pontiac G8 insurance in Charlotte.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using this strategy. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Charlotte can initially seem challenging. But North Carolina car owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in North Carolina. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Affordable rates on Pontiac G8 insurance in Charlotte with these discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their insurance company to look at vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current G8 insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new G8 is cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Some of the larger companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
If you want low cost Charlotte auto insurance quotes, ask each company to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer online Pontiac G8 insurance quotes in North Carolina, follow this link.
Three reasons to insure your Pontiac vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Charlotte, buying car insurance is required by state law in North Carolina and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Pontiac G8, almost every bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheaper auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Charlotte who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in North Carolina?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is there a local claims center in Charlotte?
- How are they compensated?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Charlotte agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Charlotte who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you should always get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are independent agents in Charlotte who can help you get comparison quotes.
If you get positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can cancel your policy at any time so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to any particular company for the full term.