If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost Saturn VUE insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in Charlotte. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of coverages and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and poor credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. This article gives more details to get better rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Sadly, most drivers in North Carolina have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in the U.S. could pocket nearly $859 a year, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
Locating the best rates in Charlotte seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you’re already insured or are shopping for new coverage, follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare prices from multiple carriers.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The items below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
Low stress employer equals lower premiums – Occupations such as military generals, social workers, and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates because of job stress and long work days. Other careers like professors, students and retirees pay the least.
Add-on coverages you don’t use – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and membership fees may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Prevent theft and save – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent auto theft.
Youthful drivers cost more – Beginning drivers in North Carolina are statistically shown to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Adding a inexperienced driver onto your car insurance can increase premiums substantially. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Save by driving less – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Verify your car insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage. Improper usage on your VUE may be costing you higher rates.
Car insurance analysis for a Saturn VUE
The premium information shown below showcases estimates of coverage costs for Saturn VUE models. Having a good grasp of how rate quotes are figured can assist in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$102||$172||$282||$16||$84||$656||$55|
|Vue XR 2WD||$102||$210||$282||$16||$84||$694||$58|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$116||$210||$282||$16||$84||$708||$59|
|Vue XR AWD||$116||$210||$282||$16||$84||$708||$59|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$116||$248||$282||$16||$84||$746||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower price quotes considerably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Saturn VUE insurance prices for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The information below shows how violations and at-fault accidents influence Saturn VUE insurance prices for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Saturn VUE liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below compares Saturn VUE premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in North Carolina. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Saturn VUE replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $400 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Get lower-cost rates with discounts
Some providers do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Charlotte car insurance online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your policy.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Charlotte car insurance online.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Saturn VUE insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, accident-free, good student, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Travelers has savings for payment discounts, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, good student, and multi-car.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, Steer into Savings, air bags, early bird, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly retired, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, new move discount, preferred payment discount, good student, and multi-car.
If you need the cheapest Saturn VUE rate quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To choose providers who offer free Saturn VUE insurance quotes in North Carolina, click this link.
Quote. Compare. Save.
We covered a lot of tips how to save on Saturn VUE insurance in Charlotte. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)