If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Charlotte is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in North Carolina.
- First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on RC 200t insurance in Charlotte. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who compare rates once a year are inclined to switch insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a lower-cost company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around annually saved $850 each year as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Charlotte is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
Most major insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive provide prices for coverage direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Lexus RC 200t insurance in Charlotte is easy for anyone as you just type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, the quote system obtains your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a better rate.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Six discounts for cheaper car insurance quotes
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies early. This can save 10% or more.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A partial list of companies that may offer most of the discounts above are:
When getting free Charlotte auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not apply everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Charlotte car insurance agent
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Charlotte that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is there a local claims center in Charlotte?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Charlotte?
- Are they full-time agents?
If you want to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Charlotte who can help you get price quote information.
- Alex Williamson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4108 Park Rd #106 – Charlotte, NC 28209 – (704) 525-9995 – View Map
- Joe Pomykacz – State Farm Insurance Agent
2730 E W.T. Harris Blvd #202 – Charlotte, NC 28213 – (704) 535-3700 – View Map
- Sarah Highfill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7845 Colony Rd – Charlotte, NC 28226 – (704) 541-9999 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are Charlotte independent agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Patriot Insurance Agencies
9620 Monroe Rd – Charlotte, NC 28270 – (704) 644-3058 – View Map
- Southeast Insurance Agency
212 S Tryon St #1605 – Charlotte, NC 28281 – (704) 885-8006 – View Map
- Pegram Insurance
4420 C The Plaza – Charlotte, NC 28215 – (704) 563-4343 – View Map
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of auto insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Lexus RC 200t.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (North Carolina limits are 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This pays for damage to your RC 200t resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your RC 200t to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hail damage, theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 30/60/25 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, bail bonds and court costs. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. North Carolina requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, nursing services, dental work, EMT expenses and funeral costs. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Be persistent to save money
When you buy Charlotte auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper insurance in Charlotte is available online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Charlotte Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Charlotte? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)