Unbelievable but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Charlotte can save as much as 10% each year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes online.
The preferred way to find discount car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Charlotte.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article provides additional ideas to get low prices and earn larger discounts.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
How to compare free Charlotte Volkswagen Passat insurance quotes
Keep in mind that quoting more helps increase your odds of locating better pricing. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you should also compare prices from them, too.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in North Carolina. If you want cheap car insurance in Charlotte, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Three good reasons to insure your Volkswagen vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Passat in Charlotte, maintaining insurance is mandatory in North Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volkswagen Passat, most lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your Volkswagen Passat and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance statistics for a Volkswagen Passat
The rate information displayed next covers detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Volkswagen Passat models. Learning a little about how car insurance premiums are figured can be of help when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon||$152||$240||$278||$16||$84||$770||$64|
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$240||$326||$20||$98||$836||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can influence coverage rates greatly.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Volkswagen Passat premium costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The illustration below illustrates how violations and accident claims can raise Volkswagen Passat yearly insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Discount Charlotte auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Telematics Data – Charlotte drivers who agree to allow data collection to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Charlotte may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. But all discounts should help reduce your policy premiums.
The diagram below shows the difference between Volkswagen Passat car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To see providers that offer multiple discounts in Charlotte, click this link.